Go to Wikipedia.

Metallica have been around for such a long time that the likelihood of them selling out is rather small. They are clearly not doing it for the money or fame. I think more people should hear about them and listen to them. They are a great band with very diverse music that appeals to a lot of people.

This is exactly what I said, circa 1990.

Well he found a new voice that has a lot of quality, but at the same time there was something.. special.. in the older voice that is not there anymore. It was more natural before Watershed, or even Damnation.

i agree. theres something more.. real, more sincere about the way he used to do hes clean vox. it think the old one are somewhat less filtered. i dont have something against the "new" ones, but i sure liked them in yester album(s).

That said, im just bewitched by hes growls. i thing theyre the best in the industry.
:worship:

No, I believe editors vote on it. Based on the criteria of course that it's a featured one. (One with many sources, neutral language, flawless grammar, etc.) Which is then added to a queue waiting to be changed when the next day begins. (Through the use of a bot I assume.)

and bitching about his new vocal style is quite irrelevant, considering each cd it changes quite drastically. no cd sounds the same, you lose.

/thread

classic fanboy defense mechanism. would you mind telling me how discussing a topic deemed interesting by at least 2 people is irrelevant? you can't. if you can't handle a bit of criticism, fuck off, i don't want to hear about it.

his vocal style does NOT change every cd, have you even listened to them? still life through damnation feature basically the exact same vocal style. mikael's new vocals began evolving on GR, and it's even more apparent on watershed.

What's your point? If Opeth gets new audience while using more clean vocals then they got the wrong way?
Or maybe you just like your "unknown" band to remain unknown, some kind of a wannabe-different obsession?

Listen to the music, enjoy their show, and live your lives... Why should you care about true fans, popularity... If Opeth makes a shitty album, you'll be able to judge it yourself.

Everyone knows what happened with MetallicA when they became famous.It has affected their music somehow ! i hope it won't be same with Opeth.
And about fans,I don't like to see a fucking Slipknot kid listening to Opeth !! ain't my business but it annoys me.

classic fanboy defense mechanism. would you mind telling me how discussing a topic deemed interesting by at least 2 people is irrelevant? you can't. if you can't handle a bit of criticism, fuck off, i don't want to hear about it.

his vocal style does NOT change every cd, have you even listened to them? still life through damnation feature basically the exact same vocal style. mikael's new vocals began evolving on GR, and it's even more apparent on watershed.

Unless he does a la Christina Aguilera I don't consider them wanking, he's got better with them and he uses them more, which is understandable.

Everyone knows what happened with MetallicA when they became famous.It has affected their music somehow ! i hope it won't be same with Opeth.
And about fans,I don't like to see a fucking Slipknot kid listening to Opeth !! ain't my business but it annoys me.

Quit trying to be elitist. If a slipknot kid wants to listen to Opeth-so s/he should-it might teach her/him something new.