godspeed you black emperor! live

avskum

inferior poster
Nov 25, 2001
Visit site
Just saw them yesterday....and godfuckitall they were awesome! They sure beat every band I saw at inferno to the ground. Has anyone else seen them live? Anyways, if they come near you, by all means, just go see them! :)

im boycotting this thread, cause i missed out on them and deeply regret it. i wont sit here reading other opinions on how great they are :mad: :bah:

got to see them in brighton,uk on the 16th of march.Wasnt really familiar with their music until then but they pretty much impressed me live i must say.Their music could accompany movies in an interesting way.They are kinda tiresome some moments though and you better watchem seated!:)

Originally posted by locust
They are kinda tiresome some moments though and you better watchem seated!:)

Can't say I agree, there are som quiet sections, but I wouldn't call them tiresome, though I wasn't at the same conert as you. I'm not sure exactly how long they played, but it was good over two hours, and I stood all the time, and I could have kept on standing for two more hours :) There was a lot of moving around where I stood, people dancing and such. The concert had a magic feeling.

i heard gybe finished recording some new stuff with Steve Albini. So a new album is possiblly out later this year. That new song Tazer Floyd is so awesome. Dare I say, progressive sounding in some places!

Whoever saw them live on this latest European tour also got that 30+ minute track...Tiny Silver Hammers. Hope they play the U.S. soon, haven't seem them live since December 2000.