Going to PP in Dave the Metal Guy's Memory

Lindsay
It certainly was great to have some time to speak with you at the show. I hope you enjoyed the event, and that you had fun connecting with Dave's budskis. As always, I wish you the best in everything, and hope we can stay in touch.
Michael

Hi Linnypoo!!!!

It was an honor to meet you, and I think I speak for everyone when I say that we'd love to have you back next year. Corset is a must. :)

And thanks to Tracie and Su for the introduction!

It was also a pleasure to meet you as well. Hope you had a good time at the show. Also hope you attend a future PP USA, but you told me that may be difficult since you're getting a new job out of the country.

As you know, we're a tight knit family around here. We're here to help others. I personally did not know your fiancee (other than a few of his posts that I read), but I know many did. Now you know why Dave and the rest of us think so highly of this festival. Yes, it's partly the music, but partly when we get to see our friends we only get to see in person for a couple of days in September each and every year.

Until next time...

Dave

My head is still spinning, but I really want to let everyone know how dearly I appreciate the warm welcome I received and how truly impressed I am with ProgPower and the metal community in general.

Dave had been wanting me to go to ProgPower since the day we met. The event meant the world to him. I knew this, but I didn't understand the scope of the event or the sheer magnitude of feeling it generates. Now I do. Holy wow balls with wow-flavored filling served with wow sauce, do I get it now!

I must say, the metal community is the warmest, most inclusive, and full of all around great people I have ever witnessed. Oh, and the music was pretty badass, too. ;) I'm really glad for every single person I met. Even the people who didn't know Dave showed me that they were some of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet. I never felt like it wasn't ok to approach someone and I never regretted when I did. In fact, many of you are already on my facebook, my email list, and my cell phone. And those of you that aren't... get there already! If you met me this weekend and want to stay in touch, pretty please post your name, a link, a private message, what-have-you, and (because my head... still spinning) win bonus points by posting a "PPXI & Linni" or "PP & Dave" memory here so I don't lose anything in this whirlwind of fresh and wonderful experience!

Much Metal Love,
Lindsay
AKA Linnipoo
AKA Mrs. The Metal Guy*
AKA The Widow Standifer*

*Names I am touched and indescribably honored to bear

Mrs The Metal Guy, (love the name!)

It was great to meet you, eventhough only briefly. So that you may remember, my name is Tammy and I met you after Hammerfall when my husband, Nathan (SwordLord) approached you about photos from the Seventh Wonder set. We recalled to you about how even though we didn't know him very well, Dave never forgot our names. That'll always be what I remember most about him because on one particularly difficult year it made quite a big impact having someone I barely knew greet me so warmly and care to remember my name.

I'll try to find you on facebook.

I did get the poster, thanks! It is gracing my wall at this very moment :) It was great to meet everyone. It made me feel even closer to Dave, to be so welcomed by his metal family.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, or for anyone who might want to, this is a link to the video memorial I did of Dave that I wanted to share with you:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lindsay was down in the photo pit before one of the sets (forget which one) and I snapped this picture of her.

61510_1547232731565_1557462479_1348787_5995457_n.jpg

Again, thanks for attending in Dave's memory.