Gojira - Free Willy Metal

Ugh...I lied.

Parts of the songs are REALLY good, then other parts are too disonant and meh to me. They certainly have their moments though. Perhaps their next album will grab me by the balls. Def crushing.

They tore down the Station 4 a couple of nights ago. Fucking amazing. I got something to eat during Job's set, and returned in time for behemoth. Good times.

1 recycled riff used over the course of 8 songs would not equate to a good live performance. These guys are pure bollocks. I'd put them right next to Deadboy and the Elephant Men, As I Lay Dying, and Staind as some of the shittiest bands I've ever had the displeasure of seeing.

I had a perfectly good excuse for attending gigs that included such performers btw. :dopey:

Staind are a bag of wank, no doubt. Never heard Deadboy and the Elephant Men, so no opinion here. Seen As I Lay Dying twice (both times at a festival) and thoroughly enjoyed them both times - sure, it's generic mainstream melodic metalcore, but they know how to execute the formula well. As for JFaC recycling riffage? Nah, don't agree there - I recently learned to play Entombment Of A Machine 'cos a band I was hoping to get into asked me to (they apparently already found another guitarist without letting me know - cheers, guys), and while it's not the most technically challenging material, the arrangements are more interesting than your average 'widdly-bit, breakdown-chugathon, solo, widdly bit' deathcore band.

Deathcore needs to be removed from the face of the planet. Shame on you for listening to this drivel. :)

I know my ears, and what they experienced was chug chug chug gurgle chug chug gurgle clown on me chug chug chug gurgle chug chug chug for 60 God damn minutes straight. Thankfully I had my back turned to the band the whole time, as I'm too gangsta to be subjected to such monotony. :dopey:

New track from their forthcoming. http://www.myspace.com/gojira

Also upcoming tour, which I may not attend considering the rest of the card. (All That Remains, In Flames. 36 Crazyfists, Wu Tang Fuck)
throw.gif

Depending on the price of tickets and set length I may slip in for Gojira then run like hell before anything else comes on.

I'm digging the new song, but, I hope it's not the best song on the album if ya know what I mean.

i posted this on BM as well on how that track, while great, reminds me of MA's "where the slime live"

LOL @ that tour lineup