Good Addictive Drums/Superior Drummer 2.0 (with Metal Foundry) kick preset !

Luk

New Metal Member
May 9, 2009
Hi guys. I'm looking for some good kick preset for one of those programs. My ideal is Steven Slate Drums kick 10 because for me it fits perfect in the mix. In future i'm going to buy SSD but now i want to experiment with some good presets with tight kick sound in the mix. You have some?

thx.

Hey Luk, welcome to the forum. I am afraid you have opened a can of worms that will unleash the fury of the forum. What I would suggest both to curb a flame war and to actually improve your engineering skills is to work on presets of your own, print samples and post them in the "Rate my Mix" section. Ask for tips on how to improve your processing in pursuit of your desired tones. You don't learn anything by simply loading someone elses preset but you will learn a lot by gradually improving your own tones. Best luck.

yep, people here can be really helpful and will gladly try to teach you how to fish, but ask for a fish and all hell's gonna break loose. :)

Thanks for the answers ;) I'm here since 2009, but this is my first post (lol). I was just reading and watching ;)

I'm mixing all the time, and i think i have some nice results. Howeaver all of my friends are always telling me that my drums in mix sucks. I'm a little bit confused about it, especially kick drum. I prefer AD over SD, and i have some presets, its better, but not that fat as Kick 10 from SSD. The thing is i wanted to get something similar in AD ;)

Honestly AD isn't that great for kicks. Granted, I haven't tried any of the other ADPacks they have released, like the metal one, but so far I'm just using a variety of samples and loading them into a trigger without using a kick from AD. With Reaper all I do is make a separate track, copy all the midi hits over to that track and then add Reasamplomatic5000 (or something, too lazy to look right now for the name of it) and then process to taste. Much more satisfying than having to use the AD samples.

Nice tip, thanks man i'll try that :D

Last thing. I was looking for some nice samples here in the topic about Drum Samples - free. Howeaver many useful links with samples are dead. Can u send me some good kick samples posted here and useful? :D thx