Superior 2.0 - preset collection

Hey guys..I dunno if this is off topic but..Since we are talking about Superior presets.............Anybody have/or try the "STEVEN SLATE" Superior 2.0 presets? They were supposedly given away at NAMM..then..NEVER talked about again really...-Thanks

When I first heard this I was thinking that would be awesome but then I realizsed these are SD presets made by Slate not SD with Slate samples.

What did you use for the guitars? They sound friggen awesome!

Thanks, i used a Strat with a Bill Lawrence (Dimebag's pickup) at the bridge and i played through POD Farm. i think i was using the Deitys Son model. here's the preset (i think, obviously the the Bill Lawrence pickup will have a lot to do with the sound): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5831187/Decapitated.l6t

listening to this again i agree the guitars sound good but the drums need changing. that snare really gets on my nerves.

Anybody have Misha from Periphery's preset?

today, i wanted to post the same question.hahaha
i was listening last week the periphery album and i love that snare...
in a demo periphery song he told he use the "GMS hash" snare but it was impossible for me to get that snare sound...

some periphery preset?

Here's a link to a clip of a drum mix I did with the Joe Baressi pack for SD2.0, I highly recommend it, especially for the snare which has the bottom sound I love. I might have used a tad <heh> too much reverb in this but in a song it sounds much better.

drumsmix01.wav 4.03MB

I used UAD 4K channel strip for most of the EQ and dynamics, along with some UAD Pultec Pro for high-end and low end adjustments, and IK Multimedia Plate reverb (can't afford the Lexicon PCM even though I like it a lot) and UAD 4K on the buss, and Stillwell Rocket compressor for parallel compression. I also have my Quad 8 DI program for Nebula running on every track (10 tracks I think).

Here's another older drum demo, same thing but different EQ and reverb:

drumtest-02.wav 7.07MB

tl;dr

Anyone have a good reggae preset for Superior 2 or Addictive Drums? I more or less got roped into making a reggae tune for a friends' project but I need that distinct drummage. Thanks, dudes!

Hi everybody,

Quick question. What location Do these custom presets go in the 'sampleprojs' folder in the SL-Avatar folder? Or do they need to go in the Metal Foundry folder somewhere?

You don't need to put them in any specific folder in order to be able to load them.

Here's an example of this preset: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5831187/Emericana.s20

It's a Pantera cover to keep it simple, you know. Anyway, I'm new at this and I'm struggling a bit trying to make my bands EP sound good. If anyone has any pointers based on this recording please share.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5831187/5ma all.mp3

For someone that says they're new at it, that recording sounds pretty good. What you did there sounds far better than alot of bands full demo's. ;) I agree that the snare tone could be better but the only really noticeable things I could suggest & take it as just an opinion, but the guitars sound a little hot in the mix. If you pull them back just a bit then you might see that the bass guitar can fill in the bottom end a little better. Your overall mix will breathe more & can sound more rounded out & even, if that makes sense. Also, you don't want the guitars to conflict with the vocals either (on a song with them in), so pulling them back just a smidge helps with that too.

For someone that says they're new at it, that recording sounds pretty good. What you did there sounds far better than alot of bands full demo's. ;) I agree that the snare tone could be better but the only really noticeable things I could suggest & take it as just an opinion, but the guitars sound a little hot in the mix. If you pull them back just a bit then you might see that the bass guitar can fill in the bottom end a little better. Your overall mix will breathe more & can sound more rounded out & even, if that makes sense. Also, you don't want the guitars to conflict with the vocals either (on a song with them in), so pulling them back just a smidge helps with that too.

thanks a lot for the feedback. i understand what you mean. since i recorded this i've learned a lot but your comments still really help.

hey guys new to this forum sorry if i do anything wrong :D

I i am by no means a professional, i just record stuff at home and want a good, powerful sound.

I did my first cover with superior drummer and would like to get your opinion about the overall mix, the drums sound bass sound etc.

http://www.2shared.com/audio/fuzlrUcK/God_Hates_Us.html

My mix was clipping, so i limited the final mix together