Good band with silly fans.

You are not seriously suggesting that Opeth is overrated but CoF isn't?

Personally I think Opeth fans (and Opeth themselves) get an unnecessarily bad rep on this forum. It seems like after BWP they have joined the ranks of bands which are cool to hate or something. Yeah there are a lot of Opeth fanboys who refuse to give anything else a chance because they think Opeth are the end-all and be-all of metal (I was one of them many years ago) but overall Opeth fans are pretty openminded and have broader tastes in music than a lot of people on this forum could claim to have. And every semi-popular underground metal band has fans like those.

As for Opeth themselves, they always seem like a pretty down-to-earth bunch of dudes to me who have never made any outrageous press statements claiming they are the best at anything and who don't mind openly taking the piss out of their new recordlabel. So again, not really seeing where all the hatred for them is coming from. But whatever.

CAIRATH said:
You are not seriously suggesting that Opeth is overrated but CoF isn't?

Personally I think Opeth fans (and Opeth themselves) get an unnecessarily bad rep on this forum. It seems like after BWP they have joined the ranks of bands which are cool to hate or something. Yeah there are a lot of Opeth fanboys who refuse to give anything else a chance because they think Opeth are the end-all and be-all of metal (I was one of them many years ago) but overall Opeth fans are pretty openminded and have broader tastes in music than a lot of people on this forum could claim to have. And every semi-popular underground metal band has fans like those.
I didn´t say CoF is not overrated. But CoF did a lot for music. They have more attention that they deserve, it´s true.
Opeth fans have good taste in music, but they are so unctical to Opeth.

This is all rather sad.One of the reasons i turned my back on metal for a while was because all this "your bands shit and mines great".How anyone could defend a nazi just because they have a view point is a bit of sad twat.

Whenver i think of Slipknot I see fat sweaty kids in ICP shirts with baggy goth pants tripping over each other and drowning in their own stink and sweat

Oh, and death to nazi motherfuckers

Fredy_Brown said:
http://www.web1000traffic.com/pop/w1ktraffic.htm

varg_vikernes_1987-1999_67.jpg

Holy fuck it's Ted Raimi! So that's what he does in his spare time.

Raffft said:
Holy fuck it's Ted Raimi! So that's what he does in his spare time.

Heheh. That's the first thing that popped into my head when I saw that picture too.

Iron Maiden. Some of the REAL fucking hardcore fans are just OUT THERE!:hotjump: They put the Star Trek Nutjobs to fucking bloody shame!
UP THE FUCKING IRONS, BITCH!
:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Agreed. However a real Nazi would laugh at varg and all of the other turd riech wannabes out there.

If you want to see a real Nazi, go talk to a diehard fan of the Bill O'reilly show.