Good Brutal Tech Death

SO far Necrophagist and Decapitated sound like winners, kind of just working down the list.

I never really knew what people were talking about pig squeals etc with grind but unfortunately now I do.

:erk:

Thanks V5.

So before I get to them, whats with the controversy over Origin?

Insubstantial blasting wanky crap imo. A lot of people like them. You should check them out of course to form your own opinion.

Malignancy has that same pig grunt/squeal shit. To me it just sounds like the vocalist (in any band using that style) is to lazy to even try forming words so he is just grunting.

imo he perfectly pulls off sounding inhuman, feral etc. Phlegeton does the same...the concept of Degradation Paradox revolves around the narrator becoming a disturbing fishlike armored creature and rampaging (yes it's a concept album) so I think his vocals really pull off that feel well.

So does the vocalist just stomp around the stage grunting in a costume?
I think the only Deathgrind I have heard so far that I liked , off the top of my head would be Misery Index.

Decrepit Birth and Dying Fetus sound good so far.

No, he doesn't...don't see where you get that from. It's just a concept for one album, not their "shtick." :rolleyes: My friend's been telling me that Traitors by MI is very good but I haven't heard it yet...their song Manufacturing Greed rules though.

No, he doesn't...don't see where you get that from. It's just a concept for one album, not their "shtick." :rolleyes: My friend's been telling me that Traitors by MI is very good but I haven't heard it yet...their song Manufacturing Greed rules though.

I was just being a smart ass, since I don't see how else you can do a concept album without lyrics, and feral grunts into the mic don't count imo.

and yes Traitors is the shit.

Edit: From what I heard on their website I like Origin. Of course, if every song sounds like a continuous blast beat I might change my mind.

OK, So I like almost everything mentioned except the 2 grind groups from V5 and Defeated Sanity (all due to vocals). Thanks for the input.

since I don't see how else you can do a concept album without lyrics

Where in the crap did you get that there are no lyrics? There definitely are (very Engrishy because they're from Spain, but I digress). Go here: http://metal-archives.com/release.php?id=217099

btw I don't see how you could dislike DS's album I mentioned due to vocals. Their new album (which you might have heard songs from accidentally?) has bad vocals and is very average overall and not something you'd like, but the album I mentioned is different and win.

http://www.last.fm/music/Defeated+Sanity/_/Horrid+Decomposition?autostart

That is "Liquifying Cerebral Hemispheres" from the album I suggested. It's tagged wrong there as Horrid Decomposition, which is another song. You can go down to "Albums featuring this track" and listen to the entire album free on last.fm, which I highly suggest.

I'll check it, I just listened to the default stuff from their myspace, no idea what album it was from. Probably the new album.

I assume so, because the vocals on Prelude aren't bad at all. Kind of generic death growls actually, whereas on Psalms they are very mediocre gurgly vocals.

I don't mind "gurgle" thrown in here and there, but a whole song, not to mention a whole album full just get old real quick.

BTW @ "no lyrics" I did say I didn't count grunts in a mic as lyrics ;)

BTW @ "no lyrics" I did say I didn't count grunts in a mic as lyrics ;)

That being said... alot of just regular "growled" death metal vox are really tough or impossible to decipher without reading the booklet as you listen...

Messing around a while back... I realized I can do the whole drawing air across your vocal chords in the way "pig vox" are delieved but actually make them somewhat understandable.

Proof Phlegeton is amazing:

At around the 2 minute mark... an amphibious creature of unknown origin takes over the part of vocalist.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish the vocals in Wormed were a bit quieter and a bit less toad like. Some of the vocals are fine but shit like the intro of Geodesic Dome doom there just sounds stupid.