Good bye long hair (again)

I've had long hair when I was a teenager through my early 20's, then cut it short for most of my 30's up until I got Leukemia, then lost it all, after treatment, I grew it back to see if I could grow it long once again, got it all the way to about say 6 inches down my back, then relapsed and lost it all again, now I keep it short.

As a matter of fact, last week I went for what would be my first real haircut (I had been just using the clippers and keeping it really short myself) I've had since 2004. I had grown it out long enough again that it actually needed some sort of styling so I went to a place and got it cut and my wife thinks it looks good so that's good enough for me.

I'm glad it came back as I was pretty sure, after two rounds of chemo, radiation, and all the other shit that goes along with cancer, that it would not grow back at all, but it did.

The haircut looks great Jarkko.

I think that I don't see short hair as an option only because its a security blanket for my social anxiety, when I was growing it out, the longer it got, the more my confidence went up and still to this day it has stayed as a confidence booster.

I was the same way... I grew mine out in highschool and it helped me deal with my anxiety. Really dunno why, it was definitely a confidence booster though.

Now that I'm almost done university I feel like I stick out and feel like I should cut it. But I refuse because that would mean anxiety and social expectations have won!!!

Plus it looks damn good on me. :headbang:

I was the same way... I grew mine out in highschool and it helped me deal with my anxiety. Really dunno why, it was definitely a confidence booster though.

Now that I'm almost done university I feel like I stick out and feel like I should cut it. But I refuse because that would mean anxiety and social expectations have won!!!

Plus it looks damn good on me. :headbang:

When my parents had a firm short leash on me, I tried every hairstyle that they would allow, at first spiking it or dyeing it any color was out of the question but eventually I got them to break, spiked it short, long, bleached highlights, then a modified version of the wolverine look, but was only satisfied when it finally got passed my shoulders. I like the way it looks, I have tried everything that my hair is capable of doing and I have the one I like the best.

I have long hair since 2003...sometimes it's pretty tought, expecially when it's hot.
Sometimes I think about an hair cut but I feel way better with long hair...I never like how I was with short hair.
The problem is that I start to see less hair in my forhead...so the cut could be a solution for the following months :(

i always thought people that thought long hair was hot to be crazy, I noticed the first summer that my scalp and neck were not getting as hot under direct sunlight only to find my hair screaming hot, it acted like insulation and shade. So when people are cutting their hair short for summer I am always thinking, damn you must want a sunburn on your neck and face.

i always thought people that thought long hair was hot to be crazy, I noticed the first summer that my scalp and neck were not getting as hot under direct sunlight only to find my hair screaming hot, it acted like insulation and shade. So when people are cutting their hair short for summer I am always thinking, damn you must want a sunburn on your neck and face.

It's more to do with not wanting sweat to be caught up in the hair and making it tangled/messy/grimy/smelly.

No offense, but I hate the classic "head swinging" dudes with long ass hair. Reminds me of the 80s when it was cool.

If you have a middle part, please part it to the side. You may feel gay for a while, but it looks 10 times better.

Just an outsiders (short haired) opinion.

PS - I used to have super long, curly hair. I look back on pictures now and am truly embarrassed for myself at how stupid I looked.

Really fucking nice haircut, dude. It suits you perfect.

I'm so glad my hair is cooperative! :lol It takes me almost no time to take care of it, I never do anything with it (occasional 5-10 minute spent brushing it to make it look nice for more formal events), it doesn't get hot, it very rarely tangles... and it looks badass :D

Short hair for the win. I don't even have to comb my shit and it's dry in 10 mins via a towel and the air.

Haven't ran a comb through my hair since I grew it out about 5 years ago. The less I fuck with it the better it looks, and i never really get tangled unless I'm drunk and passed out in the dirt.

I have shortened it, right now its shoulder length cause I had to get an interview. And working numerous jobs has forced me to go this short in the past. I think the longest mine's been is 3 or 4 inches down my back.

I'm surprised there aren't a bunch of polls like that
Shaven or Hairy, Innie or Outie, Blonde or Brunette, Tall or Small, Pink or Brown, etc.