Long hair trouble (thick, puffy)

Deathshade27

New Metal Member
Sep 7, 2015
Hi everyone! Hope you're all doing good.

Okay, so this is my first post here. I realize it's probably a weird question and I doubt anyone has asked it here before... But, I have trouble with long hair.

The problem with my hair is that it's extremely thick, heavy and grows to look very bushy/puffy. How will I describe it... It kinda grows outwards (way too much) and then goes down. It makes my head look very big, and I have a small head size, so it doesn't particularly look good. I tried growing it twice, and it looked very ugly and not metal at all, so now I have short hair. This sucks, because I'm considering starting a band.

This is a real issue for me. I really want to grow long hair. It got to shoulder length the second time I grew it, but still looked like total crap. It really made me look ugly. The problem is that I'm also short, and my hair looking this way made me look veeery ugly, so I ended up cutting it short. The problem is that long hair just doesn't fit me, it seems. On the other hand I really want long hair, especially if I ended up in a band.

Has anyone experienced this and managed to work around it? What are some tips that would make my hair look better (when I grow it again, that is)? I tried ironing, but it looked even worse. Didn't fit me at all (and was still puffy). There must be chemical products that could make it straight. The problem with those is that they're dangerous. I was thinking maybe I could use those in the beginning stages of growing it, before it gets to shoulder length, since those are the stages that it looks ugliest. And maybe after that move to another solution...

I'm thinking... Maybe if I let it grow beyond shoulder length, then would that help? The problem is that this will take at least 2-3 years and within that time I'll look really ugly. This sucks.

If anyone can help me with this, and perhaps provide a detailed guide, I'd be very grateful.

Post a picture of what it looks like. If you don't want to post a picture of yourself, find a photo on Google of similar hair. Then we can give better advice specific to your hair.

Post a picture of what it looks like. If you don't want to post a picture of yourself, find a photo on Google of similar hair. Then we can give better advice specific to your hair.
As I said, it's currently short. This is the closest photo I could find on Google. My hair is kinda worse though when it's long. On the upper sides it looks like on the bottom, and it's a bit curly.

I'll post a better photo if I find.

Lol. Why are you laughing? What's funny about this?

Ok, so I decided to post a photo of me. This was years ago...
WyZfwA.jpg

P.S.: Please don't quote the photo.

My hair is difficult too. The only thing I can pull is the slicked back look when its longer. Short is fine.

I had the same issue in high school. I totally rocked the jewfro. It grew out not down. I ended up shaving it all off. Best decision I ever made.

I have the opposite problem, it grows straight and too thin. I end up looking like Skwisgaar Skwigelf which is fine if you're in a swedish black metal band I guess. Always wanted hair like Dave Mustaine or similar though.

find a good stylist, preferably female or gay, in a professional hair salon

You have hair like mine. Keep it short. It will never look the way you would like it to.
This sucks...

I have the opposite problem, it grows straight and too thin. I end up looking like Skwisgaar Skwigelf which is fine if you're in a swedish black metal band I guess. Always wanted hair like Dave Mustaine or similar though.
Well, straight and thin still looks better than having a bush on your head.

find a good stylist, preferably female or gay, in a professional hair salon
How will they help? I think the only way I can make my hair look straight and grow down instead of outwards is using some kind of chemical or something.