Growing my hair

What I meant was I shaved it to the skin for two years, now I have like a Duke Nukem cut.

This summer I'm contemplating shaving it to the skin again with a tool called the headblade. Alien mode is my slang for shaved to skin head. Also called Albedo head.

As far as I'm concerned if your not a female and you spend more than five minutes with your hair, we can't be friends anymore haha. Just kidding, but c'mon lets keep it real here.

^ LMAO The Duke Nukem cut?
duke-nukem-forever-1.jpg

males with long blonde hair are few and far between here in slc. my friend on the left of this photo i took is actually the only one i know with pure blonde hair. the friend in the middle is also my bass player and he has dirty blonde hair, which is more common in the light sided hair.

l_51ae1f2b492cb145aca5907555b40aac.jpg

but a big +1 on the suck of growing out your hair.

you know, this whole thread begs the most fundamental of questions to be raised again. the very question, that for me at least, i have yet to hear a convincing answer to in 20+ years of rockin'.

why long hair?

why is long hair so desirable by rockers? maybe not so much anymore - but in my hey day of the 80's/90's - it was practically mandatory, like a suit and tie for a day job. hell, even the beatles got crap for their hair, didn't they? i think i can even go so far as to say Metal genres seem to gravitate toward longer hair more than any other genre.

so what gives? thoughts?

I have long hair because I think haircuts are a communist plot to... fuck, I don't even know anymore, they're just so stupid they could only have come from communism.

You have some jackass standing behind you with

SHARP OBJECTS NEAR YOUR HEAD, MOTHERFUCKER!

and everyone you know has been pushing you to do it since you were a baby. Exactly what about that *doesn't* set alarms off?

It is also useful as moron repellent. When you're six feet tall, bearded, long-haired, and growling at people who walk too close to you, everyone leaves you the fuck alone. If people ask you why you have such long hair, "strangling" is as quick and efficient an answer as possible. Even if you aren't interested in terrifying strangers with your presence, you can cut down on small talk with hoity-toity cunts and smarmy jackasses in suits by insisting that they're insane for trusting strangers with

for no good reason.

I scare people for a living (specifically, teaching college mathematics) and long hair helps tremendously - even when dealing with students who have long hair, as they don't expect their teachers to be 20-year-old metalheads who worship themselves. Haircuts are only considered 'normal' today because they were 'normal' yesterday - there is no good reason for considering 'normal' the act of arranging for others to put

and it's time that stupid bullshit stopped.

Finally, pencils, small knives, and lightweight electronics can be stored easily in long hair. If you don't see how this can be a great reason to not put

just try it for a while.

Jeff

Had hair down to my nips, then shaved it...

lol forgive me for laughing at the ambiguity in that line :lol:.

Shorter hair definitely attracts woman, I've done my personal survey's and hair tests lol and when you're drunk enough you just get the balls to ask.

I've had my hair past my chest when I had a Girlfriend few years ago and when we separated, I noticed a lack of "interest" amongst most girls...
...now I cut it to just below my shoulders and moved from a middle to a skew-path and there was definitely an increase. Not only in the metal/rock type girls but in the jock to indie genre of woman too :headbang:

...now I cut it to just below my shoulders and moved from a middle to a skew-path

What do you mean by middle and skew-path? path=parting?

I wouldn't let my hair grow below about shoulder length.

And Metaltastic.. my hair is kinda like that except dirty blonde, and obviously shorter. Hope it improves as it gets longer though (no offence! ;p). I've never really been happy with my hair.. I'd be interested to see what you've done with yours now, heh. I saw a guy with your kinda hair, about shoulder length and blonde at a concert.. he looked like a pretty prince of olde.

Anyway I guess I'll just wait it out and see what happens. I may have to look into some products for my hair.. I've always hated it being flat but have always been FAR too manly to stray near gel or mousse.

Cutting your hair for the ladies is....in my opinion....:rolleyes:

If you're gonna find someone, find a person who likes you for who you really are and the way you like to look. Of course chicks prefer short hair in this day and age, but does that mean one's got to conform to the norm of hair styles? Fuck no.

If you're gonna find someone, find a person who likes you for who you really are and the way you like to look. Of course chicks prefer short hair in this day and age, but does that mean one's got to conform to the norm of hair styles? Fuck no.

Well said! :headbang:

It's the opposite for me. I'm not allowed to cut my hair :) I like that!

And Metaltastic.. my hair is kinda like that except dirty blonde, and obviously shorter. Hope it improves as it gets longer though (no offence! ;p). I've never really been happy with my hair.. I'd be interested to see what you've done with yours now, heh. I saw a guy with your kinda hair, about shoulder length and blonde at a concert.. he looked like a pretty prince of olde.

Bahahahahahahah, that last line gave me a good chuckle :lol: But nah, nowadays I just rock it generic short style (I won't post a pic cuz that'd just be too narcissistic, but my myspace link is in my sig if you really wanna see! :D)

I don't cut it for girls, I cut it for myself. I much prefer the way I look now than when I had my hair long. Just so happens that it happens to help me get more gash than before....

I'm really not one to "conform" which is really the reason I don't feel it necessary to look like a metal head.

I agree, but I just came out of a relationship and I don't plan on being/finding anyone. It was more of a compromise...

My options were, 1. sex or 2. no sex :p

@Morgoe: Yeah, parting sorry.

Shorter hair definitely attracts woman, I've done my personal survey's and hair tests lol and when you're drunk enough you just get the balls to ask.

Maybe, maybe not

all I can say for sure is that the kind of women I'm attracted to are the ones that like long hair on a dude

my hair was down to my balls and it never caused me any problems in ladyland

NOT bragging or trying to sound like I am, just telling the truth

Maybe, maybe not

all I can say for sure is that the kind of women I'm attracted to are the ones that like long hair on a dude

my hair was down to my balls and it never caused me any problems in ladyland

NOT bragging or trying to sound like I am, just telling the truth

Hair down to your balls, cock down to your feet ey? :headbang::lol:

Yeah some girls are well up for guys with long hair, so send em' my way because I can't find the fuckers! :)

Yeah, lol perhaps that was a bold statement. There are girls that love long hair, but the majority prefer them short.
My hair is still long just not doom metal length.