About to cut my long hair after more than 10 years...

Cut my hair like 6 months ago, haven't regretted it yet. It really opens up a whole new world for you. Both social and sexualAWWW YEAAH

But seriously, go for it if you want it. You'll like it!

There are no (none) practical or social benefits to having long hair.

So it all comes down to aesthetics, and if you're balding, honestly, it's safe to assume that the aesthetics are on their way out.

cut them 12years ago, and re cut them 7 years ago. this pic is from 1999
l.jpg

Well this looks like the hair confessions thread. So, my hairline started to thin out at 16 (22 now). I went for a buzz cut for about two years and I liked it, but I had the nagging feeling I hadn't lived out my long hair to the fullest. So I regrew it. It looked like I had baby hair on top of my skull, really thin up front. I had to take it to the hairdresser every few weeks for a trim and I pulled half a kilo of it from my carpet every month. Hair was everywhere in the bathroom nomatter how much I cleaned. Everyone noticed my baldness, but my reason to be unhappy was that even at decent length, or in a ponytail, my hair honestly looked awkward.

So what I did was chop the bastard all off but leave a tail at the back. It's the best hairstyle I've ever had and I'll stick with it for as long as I can. You get the best of both styles - you look business in front, but at the back there is a party that you can do whatever you fucking want with. It's weird, but really attractive.

Whatever your decision ends up being, in the end hair is just hair. You can regrow that shit anytime if you miss it, assuming you still have a head full of hair.