About to cut my long hair after more than 10 years...

pitoga

Nov 30, 2009
Lima - Peru
Greetings.
Guess like finally the time has come, my crown is balding pretty bad and i'm getting tired of everyone sitting at the back of the control room looking at my head: Dude your going bald!

I've pretty much accepted that i'll be bald but it sucks that it's happening in my 20's. I'm 24 right now.

The problem is the following. If i have my hair clean and well groomed slicked back in a tight pony tail nobody can really tell i'm balding. But its much of a hassle having to be cautious about that. I really tried to just don't give a fuck. But everybody keeps telling me and it really gets on your nerves. I've got a 1 year younger brother who has the same issue but he's got short hair and it doesn't looks that bat because of the way our hair grows (mayor cowlick). But I'm pretty scared that if I cut it now and it actually looks worse (because i couldn't hide it any more with my slick back look) i'll have to shave it all of, because i really doubt there will be anymore hair left when its long again.

Any of you got through this? I know i sound pretty pussy but i really tried to not care about it but it's really hard. I've taken some pics of my hair now. But you can't appreciate the balding because my hairline is actually pretty ok. I just wanted to imagine how it would look to have short hair. I don't really like the look well my photoshop skills aren't that good either so perhaps it wouldn't be that bad. I really hate to say goodbye to my hair.

Long hair now
pelo%20suelto.png

possible future (left pic, hair in pony tail now)
posible%20destino.png

hair when i was in my teens (way to long, and i'm like 6 ' tall)
viejo%20pelo.jpg

I recently cut my hair after 20 years of having a pony tail... I'm not going bald (yet...) but I noticed some grey hair here and there... after the hair cut that was even more obvious :(
But wtf, I don't care. It's pretty hot right now and I've noticed it's a lot better with short hair. I was the only one in my band who still had long hair, and we play a style between rock and metal, so I thought why not.
I have to say my hair was a lot shorter than yours. It takes less time every morning and I'm already used to it after 3 weeks.
Oh, and for what it's worth: I'd choose the second option with the short hair.
Good luck!

Start taking finasteride, you probably wont grow any hair back* but you wont lose any more. You can get it pretty cheap, grab a tablet splitter and buy some 5mg fincar, it costs something like £3 a week.

*~1/2 people that take it regain a little hair but it's not something to count on.

I held out until my late 30's, then it was thinning so bad I had to make the move. One thing I realized after I cut it, I was still full on metal. Hair doesn't make the person, character does.

Start taking finasteride, you probably wont grow any hair back* but you wont lose any more. You can get it pretty cheap, grab a tablet splitter and buy some 5mg fincar, it costs something like £3 a week.

*~1/2 people that take it regain a little hair but it's not something to count on.

Make sure you research about side effects of finasteride,if your unlucky enough to get them,they can be pretty bad..See if it's worth the risk...

Bad crack, I'm lucky my hair genes came from my mothers side as all the men on my dads side have serious hair loss... I've noticed a few greys popping up in my undercut though...

I cut my hair short last month after 9 years, and i do not regret it one little bit. Everything is so much easier. Even little things that i didn't realise bothered me when it was long; like being outside on a windy day, no more fucking annoying little strands tickling my face, life is good!

i too think you could stop the hairloss, but the change could be welcome, i don't think you'd regret it.

i've had a long hair for around 7 years, i'm getting pretty sick of it for the reasons others have mentioned :lol: my biggest problem is i don't know what hairstyle to go for when i'll cut it. but i guess the professional doing the cutting would know best.

i would also be the only guy with short hair in both of my bands so i guess i wouldn't have much support in this. :lol:

Your hair probably wont look like the future photo, its not really thick enough to have that sort of weight. Mine looks quite similar to that when its short and I have really thick hair. At any rate you'd probably look good with it shaved really close, you've got an angular face so you could probably carry it off.

If you dont want to cut, try first Minoxidil. A lot people dont know but your hair loss can be atributed to a poor alimentation. Eat a lot of vegetables and fruit, carrots are great for hair. If you already do it, so it must be hereditary.

I've been growing dreadlocks for almost 10 years now. I've been considering cutting them for the past couple years but I can never bring myself to do it. Starting to get really annyoing any time I let them out of the ponytail or when I'm trying to sleep or poop etc. Can't really headbang with them unless I'm windmilling, and then its almost too much work to do while playing guitar and then they fall all over my guitar/strings and its just bad.

Thanks for the encouragement, I did research on finasteride and minox, but the problem is that where i live it's pretty hard to get, and really expensive. For the "future" pic not looking like what is probably will, yeah i know, but i actually still got lots of hair in the front and its pretty wavy when it's short, and i'm referencing my brother who has the same issue but cut his hair years ago. He did gets LOTS of chiks after it. But it's really hard to make the move after like 11 years, i've got long hair since i'm 13 yo. And it grows like crazy and pretty fast, so i assume that if a shave it i would do it several days a week. I once had it till my knees.

Some chicks do like long hair but the majority do not! Its a fact so don't even try and argue. Once I went clean cut I had far more opportunities with girls.

But dude, cut it like it is in the short possible future pic and see what it looks like, because you look a lot better in that pic! And if its not working, shave it!

Cutting my hair was one of the best things I've ever done.