Growing my hair

Morgan C

MAX LOUD PRESETS¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 23, 2008
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
I've finished school (which had a no-short-hair policy), and have decided to grow my hair. There are a few complications though, and I thought I'd come here for some help as I'm sure a lot of you have/had long hair. I will be visiting the hairdresser though.

1: I have dark blonde hair, and I've yet to see long blonde hair that looks good on a guy.
2: My hair is very voluminous.
3: It looks TERRIBLE now >< Very 'boofy' because of its volume and length.

Atm my aim is somewhere around the Steve Wilson look, but that might change when I actually see what I look like with long hair. It may well be impossible.

Any comments on the above complications, or any tips are much appreciated.

if you have curly hair it might start to uncurl at about 5 inches below shoulder length. at least my did back when I was 16. wow 11 years with long hairs now! now they start to vanish, but that'S a different story ;)

Ive seen a fair amount of guys with long blonde hair that looks cool actually, no worries there. The longer you grow it the more it might start to sort itself out, you know that "shit stage" when your growing it, mine lasted about 2 years haha. Mines really quite thick but now its quite long its not very obvious, however when your going through that shit stage it can be a pain in the arse but you gotta stick with it! No doubt some useless pointers from me haha :)

1: I have dark blonde hair, and I've yet to see long blonde hair that looks good on a guy.

O rly?

amona04.jpg

I defy you to find anyone that looks more metal than those fuckers :D Although Loomis' is way too feminine IMO, so not every blonde can pull it off :erk:

Let it go with trimming if necessary for 6 months, then part it down the middle and just let it grow. It took me about 2 years to get it below my shoulders evenly.

Jeff Loomis, Randy Rhoads, Kurt Cobain, James Hetfield, Alex Lifeson are a few that come to mind, though you may hate some of the few mentioned ;)

BTW Check out 0:40-0:52 for ultimate blonde metal moment :)

Last edited by a moderator:
let us not forget our very own beloved Andy...

180px-Andy_Sneap_2007.jpg

i too have blonde hair and it's, well, rather difficult to manage too. the important thing to remember is that actually finding a hair stylist that appreciates long hair could be your best friend. i remember being scared shitless to go to ANYONE for a haircut thinking they'd just whop off everything i had suffered for. not true. thinning out really curly hair once in a while while it's growing will actually help it a) look better and b) grow faster. something to think about.

Dude, I think you all just got tricked into revealing your innermost homo fantasy targets :D

But since so many of us are 1/2 gay for Sneap as it is, someone should put up an old pic of him with the long, golden locks that just ever so lightly and playfully tickled his balls ... and just to defend my statements a little, me saying that doesn't really make me too gay because you have to admit, Andy was kinda pretty, almost feminine looking back then.

Bet he smells like vanilla cream and strawberries :)

anyway, back on topic ... dude you are seriously getting a little wired up about growing your hair. Its gonna look like shit for a while, wear a hat and deal with it just like most of us did. It'll look fine in about a year ... we want monthly photos

Pics or you didn't grow your hair

ahahah I am stepping in. I've been shaving my head and cut my hair below 1 millimeters for 7 years. for no reason. i thought it was looking good back then. ahah. now when I look at the pictures, I look like a military guy or a sick cancer patient.

I am letting them grow now, not sure how I want them long, but at least something like you for sure.

its gonna take a long long long while but hey wth. it's a big change for me.

Use a ponytail and your long hair will look professional enough for anything ;)

I started growing my hair after I completed my military service (had to shave on the last day), and now after 3 years I'm down to armpit level after trimming. It's a good hairstyle for winters :)

Morgoe said:
(which had a no-short-hair policy)
Don't you mean no-long-hair? :p

I was the same, I was convinced my hair would afro the longer I grew it, the longer it got the more heavier it got and it hangs down after a while.

In the early stages if the thick curliness really gets uncomfortable, use a tight beanie or some sort of hat. The heat generated from your head becomes your very own blow dryer or hair iron which as you know straightens hair and controls the curling. This only works mildly though and goes back to normal after a while.
It's an old ghetto technique ;)

I had long hair for four years in highschool. The day I cut it was the greatest day of my life.

I was in Howie Mandel mode for a year or two and then grew it out to it's current "normal" hair status after getting too many people to tell me that I was in fact terrifying looking. This summer I think I'm going alien mode again and I will bust out the headblade.

I CAN'T WAIT.

I was in Howie Mandel mode for a year or two and then grew it out to it's current "normal" hair status after getting too many people to tell me that I was in fact terrifying looking. This summer I think I'm going alien mode again and I will bust out the headblade.

I don't know what any of this means :lol:

And Morgoe, I TOTALLY feel your pain dude, my hair is horrendously "boofy" and has been accurately described as "Mom hair" by my friends :erk: :lol: Here's the longest I ever got it (back in late '05, and it almost NEVER looked this good, I worked damn hard to get it that way for the show)

574205454_l.jpg

Now I just rock it short, and it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much easier