Dudes with short hair...

MarcusGHedwig

Mar 21, 2010
New York
www.myspace.com
My girlfriend has informed me that gel is a very "dated" look...and now that I think of it, I realize she's totally right :lol: I dunno, I've just been doing it the same old way for years, but what kind of products do you all use to avoid the whole constantly wet-looking gel thing, while still having a pretty firm hold? I have really thick hair, and it gets super fuzzy when it dries, so I need something that I can apply to pretty much all of it to keep it down.

And there was already a thread about long hair care tips, so I regret nothing posting this thread :D

I use hair glue just because my hair is so thick its the only thing that'll hold it right...my girl has been trying to get me to use some new axe shit but i like the way my current stuff works...maybe give that a shot

From pics, your hair is pretty similar to mine. Fuzzy and fluffy and just overall really hard to manage. But I've found the solution.

Stop washing it. Sounds gross but it makes everything better. Takes about a month to take full effect, if you want to speed up this process go to the beach or make some salt-water at home and wash your hair in it. If you find it gets greasy, use a really small amount of conditioner. Shampoo is the devil. But going to the gym every couple of days, the sweat from that seems to be a natural cleanser and I only ever need to do anything to my hair if I haven't been in a while.

I have kinda medium length hair and don't use any product, shit just stays up. Looks nice and shiny (but not overly), not that dull fluffy shit I get when I shampoo it. If you want more product I'm not the person to ask.

Well this is a subject I know quite a bit about. My brother is a relatively successful hairstylist. He's done work for Mtv and various other things. And after taking his advice I have found that Redken Roughclay20 is the bomb. Your hair doesn't look gross and wet and the hold it has is awesome.

:kickass:

Thanks Kyle, I'll give that a shot dude, much appreciated! Any tips on applying it? (e.g. to wet hair, dry, using a brush, etc.) And Morgan, I hear ya on the shampoo being the main culprit on drying it out (hence THE FUZZ), but I gotta tell ya, I know the smell of unwashed hair all too well, and I really can't stand it :lol: (I dunno, it just has that nasty sorta funk to it, at least mine did when I briefly dabbled with the "shower without shampooing" idea, so yeah, not for me :D)

Do it. C'mon, do it. Do it, do it.

Picture5397.jpg

Thanks Kyle, I'll give that a shot dude, much appreciated! Any tips on applying it? (e.g. to wet hair, dry, using a brush, etc.) And Morgan, I hear ya on the shampoo being the main culprit on drying it out (hence THE FUZZ), but I gotta tell ya, I know the smell of unwashed hair all too well, and I really can't stand it :lol: (I dunno, it just has that nasty sorta funk to it, at least mine did when I briefly dabbled with the "shower without shampooing" idea, so yeah, not for me :D)

I apply it to my hair when its just about completely dry. Just a tiny bit of moisture there. Also and I cannot stress this enough, apply it BACK to FRONT. No one wants some huge glob of shit in the from of their hair. You don't want to look like you are from the outsiders.

Just cut it short with a clipper, #3 on the sides and back and #5 on top.
Had long thick fuzzy hair for many years and then decided to cut it short.
I don't even need to comb my hair anymore.

+1 for Pomade, try the stuff Kyle recommended. I've got this relatively cheap "göt2be" stuff that I like well enough, for 4 bucks at a local grocery store it worked, but I plan on picking up the Redken Roughclay 20 as soon as it runs out.

#3 on the sides and back and #5 on top. I don't even need to comb my hair anymore.

I've had the missus cut my hair for the past ten years now, good old number two all the way. I don't have to do a thing to it and i get to instil fear in people as an added bonus. Romper Stomper anyone?