Dudes with short hair...

Let it grow until you can just let it be without having to stick stuff to it. I just use some occasional hairspray myself if I need it to stay in place and that's it. I also use a straightener sometimes since my hair is sort of curly and gets all tangled and shit if it gets wet. I only have a little bit of straight hair though, the rest is dreadlocks or shaved.

n706442337_6089.jpg
facepalm.jpg

From pics, your hair is pretty similar to mine. Fuzzy and fluffy and just overall really hard to manage. But I've found the solution.

Stop washing it. Sounds gross but it makes everything better. Takes about a month to take full effect, if you want to speed up this process go to the beach or make some salt-water at home and wash your hair in it. If you find it gets greasy, use a really small amount of conditioner. Shampoo is the devil. But going to the gym every couple of days, the sweat from that seems to be a natural cleanser and I only ever need to do anything to my hair if I haven't been in a while.

I have kinda medium length hair and don't use any product, shit just stays up. Looks nice and shiny (but not overly), not that dull fluffy shit I get when I shampoo it. If you want more product I'm not the person to ask.

I have really course, thick hair as well and it's incredibly hard to manage. I can't grow it out because it just get's frizzy. I didn't wash my hair for a month and it looked amazing. :kickass:

I have medium long-ish hair , but Junior Power Mousse from Schwarzkopf always does the trick for me, if my hair is really being stubborn i'll use some wax to tame the spots that aren't working along. It looks really clean but no wet our tight, but that might be my hair as well. I don't have curly hair but it's not straight either, somewhere in between

I put a hat on before I walk out the door, haven't dealt with my hair in years besides getting it cut every 2 months or so

Lots of good suggestions in here, thanks guys - guess I'll give the clay and pomade a try (any particular brand of pomade you guys would recommend?) And once I shower today I'll post a pic of it in its fuzzy glory :D (Head and Shoulders is my shampoo of choice btw). And yeah, I do love wearing hats, but can't on the job :(

Does that mean you're going to get all savage AE on some kid buying a cheap shit Akai mic to record with? :lol:

You better believe it :lol: Though apparently 38% of their business is cell phones/service plans, and it's largely a commission-based gig, so time to brush up on my mobiles!

I use Pantene spray/leave-in conditioner. I spray it on when my hair's still wet, comb it, and then run my hands through my hair once or twice when it's dry to help get rid of that "wet" look.

Done.

Helps keep all my damn cowlicks in check, and there's none of that "I have gobs of chemicals in my hair" stiff feeling.

Ahhh Marcus, she is changing you already :D Just kidding. Any hair wax will be a step in the right direction I guess. I kind of gave up on mine a bit and have been leaving it au naturel recently!

I have long hair, but I wash it with shampoo 2 times in a row and I'm done... It gets a bit fuzzy though, makes me want to cut that shit off.

Like this but not as long - that's because I'm not the drumming god like this guy

tomas-haake.jpg

I understand this isn't helping, but I'm a little bored atm

Haha, I love this thread. It's a metal forum and I don't usually associate guys into metal with Garnier Fructis shampoo. Gave me a giggle.

I have the same problem as OP. Just cut my hair short and I'm a loose end with what to do with it/what to use on it.

Haha, I love this thread. It's a metal forum and I don't usually associate guys into metal with Garnier Fructis shampoo. Gave me a giggle.

I have the same problem as OP. Just cut my hair short and I'm a loose end with what to do with it/what to use on it.

Yeah isn't that chick shampoo?

I have the exact same problem as Marcus, last year I used that Axe paste thing, which worked pretty well but for a few months now I've had my hair short enough that it stays where I want it to be. I have the most dense hair ever, it's fucking unbelievable. Fuzzy mess when it's long.

Mine is in that awkward growing out phase so I'm using Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Oil Gel to make it look "decent" it dries and holds but doesn't have that typical Danny Zucko-Hard as a Rock look.. decent stuff..

and I also have the overly oily scalp that still gets dry for some god damn reason.. so I alternate my shampoo between Pantene Pro-V and Head & Shoulders... does the trick.. for the most part..

-Paulie

looks like that guy in the right (he's a guitarist but I can't remember his name) would have had his mouth supersized by photoshop or something