UM Sludge 20 Questions with...

I think everyone should stop picking on poor Spawny. He never actually said anything bad about lesbians, just said they weren't his cup of tea - if I went ahead and said that I didn't see what was so special about koalas, would millions of koala-lovers start hating me and demand an apology? Well, probably, I was never really any good at analogies.

Well, you brought up the subject when you said Spawny deserved a smack in the mouth, and I was addressing it. I think you should get over the whole thing, personally, but that's just my opinion.

Ok what I think is that even though Spawny didn't mean it to be offensive, because it did offend her he should just say "I didn't mean it in an offensive way, but if it did offend you I'm sorry" then she can forgive him and they can have make up sex and all will be good.

Originally posted by Spiff
Well, you brought up the subject when you said Spawny deserved a smack in the mouth, and I was addressing it. I think you should get over the whole thing, personally, but that's just my opinion.

exactly it is only your opinion........obviously no idea........some jokes are not seen as jokes by others......so maybe others need to get over the way I feel:mad:

Rule number one in Spiffy's Book of Life - 'Never apologise for something if you're not sorry'.

Actually, that's rule number three. Rule number one is, 'Never let anyone give you an ultimatum', and rule number two is, 'Never promise anyone anything'.

But saying sorry isn't necessarily an admission of guilt. You can be sorry for accidentally hurting someone's feelings and know that you weren't in the wrong, just said the wrong thing by accident.

Originally posted by JonBonJovi
exactly it is only your opinion........obviously no idea........some jokes are not seen as jokes by others......so maybe others need to get over the way I feel:mad:

I personally couldn't care less about your private life and sexual preference(s). It's obviously a big deal for you though, otherwise you wouldn't be dwelling on it, and I respect that to a certain extent.

Originally posted by The Trooper
But saying sorry isn't necessarily an admission of guilt. You can be sorry for accidentally hurting someone's feelings and know that you weren't in the wrong, just said the wrong thing by accident.

thankyou troops I have personaly apologised for hurting peoples feelings through dumb jokes just due to the fact I have respect for others feelings.

I've apologised in the past for things I wasn't sorry for, I admit, but that was mainly because I wanted to get that person off my back.

Which would you prefer - an honest, heartfelt apology, or a shallow apology that you know holds no weight, where the apologist isn't sorry at all?

And I'm sure Spawny would apologise if he felt it was necessary, because he's a nice guy, and it's probably in his Nordic heritage to make amends when necessary... as long as you ignore that whole raping-and-pillaging thing that his ancestors used to get up to. I don't think they really said sorry about that.

I never said I did, I'm just offering my opinion (however unwelcome it may be) based on what I know. Take a chill pill, settle down, breathe deeply, count to ten, etc etc. Plus it's late, and I tend to ramble as the midnight hour approaches.