Long hair trouble (thick, puffy)

I remember that when it was wet it actually used to look good. Only when dry it used to look like in the photo. I've been thinking that maybe if I let it grow past shoulder length then maybe it'll have enough weight to hang downwards?

You can get keratin hair straightening treatments. It damages your hair a little but your hair will be smooth and straight for a few months. Or you can just get a hair straightener.

Seriously, now that you've cut it short anyway, just forget it. It'll take 10 years to grow hair like that long, by which time you'll probably be either going bald or have zero interest in having long hair. The dream is over.

Seriously, now that you've cut it short anyway, just forget it. It'll take 10 years to grow hair like that long, by which time you'll probably be either going bald or have zero interest in having long hair. The dream is over.
10 years!? Wow, I'd say that's slightly exaggerated. It takes for me 2-3 years to reach shoulder length. I admit though that I have much less interest in long hair now than when I was 20 for example. You know where's the problem though? Just because you have short hair (because your hair is retarded), people label you as "poser" or whatever-core (no offence, I'm just not into "cores"). And considering I have thoughts to start a project, it would help to have long hair. I've always liked long hair regardless, however. I think I sound a bit ridiculous now...

Anyway, about the weave. I've never thought about this really. It's removable, right? Just in case I decide to try it... Though I can tell it'll probably not fit me. Long hair simply doesn't seem to fit me at all.

You can get keratin hair straightening treatments. It damages your hair a little but your hair will be smooth and straight for a few months. Or you can just get a hair straightener.
I tried using a hair straightener. When I said "ironing" in my OP, I meant with a hair straightener. You don't want to see how my hair looked... Or how I looked. So I tried it once, washed my hair and abandoned the idea.

Keratin could help I suppose, but like you said, it damages your hair. Perhaps I could use it in the beginning phases. Though I doubt it would help much in my case. My hair seems to be pretty stubborn. In any case, I would need to find a permanent solution, if I end up deciding to grow my hair long.

There's no permanent solution as far as I'm concerned as a hairdresser. Your hair doesn't even look that bad in your picture if you ask me.

Don't straighten your hair, are you kidding me? People would kill for those curls. If you're gonna straighten it you might as well just keep it short, imo. There's nothing wrong with it.

There's no permanent solution as far as I'm concerned as a hairdresser. Your hair doesn't even look that bad in your picture if you ask me.
It isn't that bad? I thought it looked ugly... That's what I've been told by a lot of people (especially relatives) too. Since you are a hairdresser, will it hang down if I let it grow more than in the picture? As you can see in the picture, it kinda grows outwards.

Don't straighten your hair, are you kidding me? People would kill for those curls. If you're gonna straighten it you might as well just keep it short, imo. There's nothing wrong with it.
I have no problem with the curls. The problem is my hair growing outwards instead of hanging down.

If you grow your hair really long then it will definitely help, but hair like that takes a lot of time and patience to grow long enough. Maybe you should just go for Keratin and see how it works.

Hair conditioner makes your hair look very think and fluffy so just stick to shampoo if you want it to look flatter. Also, try find out whatever Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins use in their hair during matches, haha.

Basically OP has a jewfro. And he can either keep growing it or not. But caring so much about le hair is le gay.

I've come to realize that growing long hair is not a feat to be taken lightly. For example, you need to wash it and comb it every day or it gets all fucking stuck together, and you need to tie it up when you sleep or it gets all up in your eyes. Suddenly the hatred of Hetfield for getting a haircut seems somewhat less rational... :D

Pretty much. Mine is to the point it gets a little tangled at the ends and it's tough to keep professional looking because it is so naturally wavy. Thinking about going from chin length to just above the eyes. Kind of a pseudo-shaggy but controllable style. I might go this weekend, but want to think it over a bit and may put it off longer. (I keep having mental battles with myself on this)