Growing my hair out

:lol: I'm glad this thread popped up. I recently found this legendary pic of when I grew my hair out way back in 2005. This is what I looked like.

10363357_10152015227205059_1811050434772052748_n.jpg

Considering your hair is somewhat similar to mine (minus the really tight curls of yours, IIRC), how long did it take for your hair to finally like, "drop", instead of just getting bigger?

Honestly it's been so long I can't remember but I would estimate 6-9 months.

Same. Thick curly hair, alway gets stuck with a jewfro that seems to stop gowing after a certain point. Ugh. If anyone could provide tips for helping hair grow after that point that would be nice thanks.

Like Mort said, condition. Also find a good hair product to weigh it down and keep it under control. I use Queen Helen Jojoba oil. It weighs it down and keeps the curls tight, but isn't greasy and is unscented. It also makes it super easy to brush your hair. I used to get gnarly knots, but this stuff gets them all out with ease. It will also make your hair healthier and shinier.

Speaking of hair products, do any of you bearded dudes use beard oil? If so any suggestions? I was thinking of trying this out: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Beardbrand-Tree-Ranger-Beard-Oil/dp/B00FFKP5YG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400964883&sr=8-1&keywords=Beard+Brand+Tree+Ranger+Beard+Oil"]http://www.amazon.com/Beardbrand-Tree-Ranger-Beard-Oil/dp/B00FFKP5YG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400964883&sr=8-1&keywords=Beard+Brand+Tree+Ranger+Beard+Oil[/ame]

I have very thick hair, but it grows really quickly, and I have cool natural hair colours so that awful mid length stage didn't last all that long and everyone just wanted to touch it.

Fuckyeah being me.

My hair is extremely thick and unruly. It grows out before it drops. As long as there isn't a bald patch your hair could grow longer (maybe not thicker as that is mostly dependent on your genes). Honestly conditioning is key. Using both deep conditioners and leave in conditioners. You could also take vitamins that will help. Normally excessive shedding can be a cause of not drinking enough water, unhealthy diet and the lack of biotin, iron and folic acid. Also exercising is good for hair growth too because it helps stimulate the scalp.

Also gotta trim your ends. There's a reason why in the metal scene the two most popular go to looks for dudes is really long hair and the bald head. Head banging and just regular shit takes it's toll so the ends gotta go like every 3-4 months.

I could go on honestly but if you have any questions feel free to pm me and I can give ya more tips.

Constantly trying to grow my hair out, and I constantly fail. I just give up after a year or so... it never seems to grow in the right shape. Usually I shave my head at that point, and then yearn for long hair when my hair's short. Actually, this time I cut it cuz I had a bunch of interviews I needed to look somewhat clean-shaven for. Currently approaching medium length. Let's see how far we go this time.