Short hairstyles. Thoughts and recomendations.

TheInsane

Jul 14, 2008
Sweden
www.entercanopy.com
Recently I have been thinking about cutting my hair short. I have had hair that goes well below my shoulders since about 1999. It still looks alright but it used to be really thick and nice and while most cant see that its thinner now I know and it is bugging me a little. And then there is the feeling of wanting to do something new with my hair.

My personal feeling has always been to have it really short but not shaved. I was thinking something along the lines of this:

I asked some people for advice and most kept saying "dont cut it" but after pressure someone gave me these examples of a kind of happy medium:

To me these styles scream "male modelling" but thats probably because of the pictures and not the styles. I can see how a fringe or longer hair suits my big forehead but it would be really weird getting one of those cuts.

Oh btw, this is me:

The picture is a little bit old but you can see the length of my hair and my high forehead as well in this one.

So what do you people think? I also welcome general thoughts on nice shorter haircuts just for inspiration. No unserious suggestions please ;)

Damn you europeans with epicly straight hair....

Anyways, the first set of photos I personally dislike, unless you want to look like a wrestler. Also it may be a big change for you to cut your hair after so long, I would suggest going with a medium/close to shoulder length cut. I had long hair for a long time as well and am very pleased with short hair now. My overall suggestion is to cut it to a medium look, see how you like it and go shorter if you want. And your hair WILL freak out, let it settle. I can post before/after pics for myself if you'd like.

slicked back, short-ish medium hair is badass imo

brad-pitt-tree-of-life-slicked-back-hairstyle.jpg

leo.jpg

you can keep the front and top slightly longer to have fringe with it too, but dont do the gay diagonal emo kind, make it go up and back first, then down the sides of your face.

Damn you europeans with epicly straight hair....

Anyways, the first set of photos I personally dislike, unless you want to look like a wrestler. Also it may be a big change for you to cut your hair after so long, I would suggest going with a medium/close to shoulder length cut. I had long hair for a long time as well and am very pleased with short hair now. My overall suggestion is to cut it to a medium look, see how you like it and go shorter if you want. And your hair WILL freak out, let it settle. I can post before/after pics for myself if you'd like.

This.

And for once I agree with Aug.

Funny boys, keep things serious please.

Yeah please post some pictures, before and after. The first set I posted may include a couple of wrestlers but do you think that hairstyle screams wrestler really? I think its quite a regular short hairstyle.

Anyway more serious contributions are welcome, pictures and opinions.

After having a huge jewfro for years, shaving it off was the best decision I ever made. I don't see how I went so long with long hair. Short hair is so much nicer and easier to manage

Yeah, shorter hair is so much easier to manage. Even though I like the look of long hair better, I have no problem with my hair (or lack thereof) since it's such a good trade-off in terms of convenience. Plus I actually like the way I look right now anyway.

I'm going to have to agree with avoiding the faux hawk, unless you want people to assume that you're a douche.

Uh, I prefer having long hair. Maybe it is just a personal preference for me considering my whole live I've had it buzz short. Sure it's a bit harder to maintain, but I love twirling it at shows and stuff. Plus, I look like a badass.

Before (on the left):
n655938670_2150604_797757.jpg

Fag Length:
23678_369071962853_568922853_3617423_6688297_n.jpg

Now:
225986_1853665778775_1154700173_31825532_682947_n.jpg