Twin Peaks: thoughts, theories and facts

CiG

Dimension Hatröss
May 22, 2015
W.A.
rateyourmusic.com
THERE WILL BE SPOILERS SO BEWARE.

I've been left feeling so confused by the latest series, especially the last few episodes and so I wanted to set up this discussion thread so I can share my thoughts and try to get to the truth of the massive amount of confusing images, scenes and symbols.

I'll post some thoughts here soon after work, just made this so I don't forget to do so later.
Feel free to post your own thoughts and try to get some questions answered or some theories fleshed out.

Last edited:
Yeah, there's so much going on, I really need to revisit the series now when you can watch it in one go, makes it much easier to hold the details fresh.

I interpreted the ending something like: Cooper went back in time to save Laura, he didn't succeed 100%, though he stopped the murder, Judy (or whatever) managed to send Laura to a different dimension/time line where most of the gang don't exist. The ending when Laura is screaming is her "waking up" and realising what's happened.

Janey-E got her Dougie back through the gold seed that came from Diane. "I need you to make another one" Copy of Cooper/Dougie that is

What was the deal with Audrey though?.

How about LOL?

Who the fugg is this guy all of a sudden? :D

who gives a shit about twin peaks? Lets talk about Game of Thrones

:heh:

Well, at least Game of Groans makes fucking sense.

What was the deal with Audrey though?

Yeah that part didn't seem to get explained.

I thought this was the last Twin Peaks season but everything just screams more to come in 2018.

But so many actors have died since...

Myself and my brother have decided to re-watch the whole 2017 series again soon but this time we're going to mark down on a notepad everything we want to try and figure out/what confuses us/anything that might be significant.

Yeah, I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Just have to convince my wife to rewatch it (she likes it, but not sure if she's as keen as me on rewatching it right away).

Are you retarded from too many knocks to the head playing that faggot sport you play?

Trying to understand something isn't the same as forcing yourself to like something.

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
it appears you think there isn't really a point to the season and that seems insanely different than the first season of The Leftovers. I probably wouldn't mess around with this if this thread was booming but i'm very curious to see the lengths people go to try and decide whether a show is good or not. It hasn't seemed to hit anyone until the finale and after 16 1hr episodes before it, that seems ridiculous that one would still put their time into it

What do you mean there's no point to the series?

And I love how because you don't like something seem to think other people are forcing themselves to like it? You do know that people enjoy different things right?

I've been hooked since episode 1 myself, while it's gotten better and better as it unfolded, I've never had to force myself to watch it, very much the opposite.

And that's one of the things that makes it good, the figuring out everything part is intruguing

Yeah exactly.

What was the deal with Audrey though?.

Honestly I'm thinking Audrey is the dreamer mentioned in that poem.

I definitely plan to post all my notes here once I've finished with the season again. I've also gone through so many fan theories and Twin Peaks explained videos so I'll be posting some of that stuff too.

Last edited:
What do you mean there's no point to the series?
just going off what you guys post. Cooper being a mute for 12 episodes and apparently trying to save Laura sounds so goofy.

And I love how because you don't like something seem to think other people are forcing themselves to like it?
I've been hooked since episode 1 myself

:loco: this is why. first 5 episodes were legitimately terrible television. At least I get Vegard since he somehow likes TD season2 which means he has sensory problems but I always get intrigued when people cannot articulate why they like something but do like it.

again, the beginning of the show was nothing like Twin Peaks of old or even Lynch's critical pieces so I have asked a few times why people like it. Got nothing, so to me I take that as you forcing yourself to like it. You can't process anything other than "i like it so fuck off" so why waste your time even replying

Last edited: