The Hair thread

Ender Rises

Wass sappening?
Since the Post you non-music hauls thread has become infected with hair talk, I figure it's time for it's own thread. So there.

My hair is too curly to grow out, so I'm going to a tried and true hairstyle for me: the mohawk. I've done it once before and I've decided to do it again. Pics coming when I get it done.

As an Eastern European, I have been blessed with straight, dark blond hair, which as of now is a couple inches past my shoulders. I plan to get it down to my lower back and keeping it there.

I have longish hair (to my shoulders). It is a pain in the ass sometimes but I like the way I it looks on me so I doubt I will change it anytime soon.

For those with long hair:

How long did it take you to grow it that long? I'm looking to grow it to my shoulders, if that gives you what I'm looking for.

Depends on where you start counting from I guess. My hair is currently like 2 inches past my nipples and that's been growing since the summer of 2004. I had it cut quite short back then because I was about to interview for an internship and wasn't sure they would appreciate my long hair (which was also a mess anyway since I'd repeatedly intervened with scissors while growing it out).

I'm pretty sure for proper long hair (like shoulder length) you're looking at 2 years or so if you start out with short hair. For most people hair grows at around 15 cm (6 inches) or so a year I think. The worst part is that you look like a tool for atleast part of that time period when your hair is inbetween short and proper long hair. That is why the first time I grew it out I kept messing with it. I don't recommend doing that too much though. Best to just put up with it while it looks dumb. It pays off in the long run.

All I do nowadays is ocasionally trim the very end (mainly to get rid of split ends) and that's it.