Official Hockey (NHL) thread

After the first 2-games...what I thought was going to be one of the great Stanley Cup matchups in sometime, so far it has plain sucked!

After the first 2-games...what I thought was going to be one of the great Stanley Cup matchups in sometime, so far it has plain sucked!

Entertainment wise I certainly agree, but it is more a function of Detroit's great ability to shut down any and all offense from Pittsburgh's side--playing the neutral zone 'trap' extremely well. It makes for boring hockey, but it allows Detroit to completely control the pace of the game.

I'm glad that Pitt won, but I tell you what....The Pens better learn fast that in the playoffs, you better keep the intensity up for 60 minutes. Detroit made it a nailbiter the last 7 minutes!

Yeah, had Pittsburgh not gotten that lucky goal off of Osgood I am fairly confident that Detroit would have taken the game into OT and won it there.

Game 4, I expect Detroit to be victorious.

That first goal Detriot got was TERRIBLE goaltending. the mother fucking player skated up to the goalie and maybe had 6 inches of space and shot. Do fucking goalies poke check anymore? That was some terrible goaltending

That first goal Detriot got was TERRIBLE goaltending. the mother fucking player skated up to the goalie and maybe had 6 inches of space and shot. Do fucking goalies poke check anymore? That was some terrible goaltending

Franzen skated through almost all 5 penguins on the ice and then roofed it past Fleury. Brilliant goal to watch, especially considering that Franzen is a big guy.

ONE MORE WIN LEFT!
headbang.gif

This blows most games of hockey I've seen out of the water. Fucking ridiculous defense on both sides

I'm more miffed that an asshole who CALLED THE GAME WINNING GOAL actually got than game winning goal than I am the Pengs winning.