Official Hockey (NHL) thread

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Detroit, either. But for me, they're the lesser of 2 evils for me. My most hated teams are... in order-the first being the most hated....
New York Rangers
Dallas Stars(love Brad Richards-Tampa, what the fuck were you thinking?)
Philadelphia Flyers(do like a few of their players)
Detroit Redwings
Colorado Avalanche(Ryan Smyth should have fired his agent, he didn't want to leave Edmonton)

A Swede to watch next year is Edmonton's Robert Nilsson. They signed him to a 3 year deal, and the line he's on with Cogliano, and Sam Gagne are(both rookies)being called "Kid Line 2".

A Swede to watch next year is Edmonton's Robert Nillson. They signed him to a 3 year deal, and the line he's on with Cogliano, and Sam Gagne are(both rookies)being called "Kid Line 2".

Also another Swede,Douglas Murray,first time i´ve ever heard of him is now in the world championships,he has a pretty brutal style on the ice.

...and the Wings take a commanding 3-0 lead in the series. Last round I thought that the Wings wouldn't be able to complete the sweep and they proved me wrong, this time I have more confidence. :)

On another note, a Pens vs. Wings Stanley Cup Final would be killer IMO.

...and the Wings take a commanding 3-0 lead in the series. Last round I thought that the Wings wouldn't be able to complete the sweep and they proved me wrong, this time I have more confidence. :)

On another note, a Pens vs. Wings Stanley Cup Final would be killer IMO.

I would love to see the Pens win a Cup at home for once rather then away.

Sam Gagne was just put in Canada's lineup. Don't be suprised if the youngest player in the NHL doesn't put up 2-4 points, if he gets some ice time.

Well, he only got a few minutes in the 3rd...he missed a wide open net, said that he got nervous. But, it's a good experience for the youngster.

You got to admit that disallowed goal was bullshit, though! I don't like either team, but these refs need to make the right call. Osgood wasn't touched at all. It's fine, though. At least I got the Pens to root for. Edmonton has, and always will be my team, but I've always had an interest in Pitt since they drafted Lemieux in 84'-85'.

Well at least the Stars are putting up a fight! Finland beat Sweden for the Bronze today in international play.

I just saw Nilsson's(Edmonton) stats from the tournament....no too bad. I've always thought the best skaters, and puck handlers come from Finland/Sweden.

Four to fucking zero. :kickass:

:kickass:

That disallowed goal was BS. Damn NHL refs and their phantom/reputation based calls. They really need to clarify that rule and allow video replay if a goal is on the line, it is just ridiculous when they can keep off waving goals like that (same thing happened to Holmstrom in game 4 last series).

Also, someone posted this on the NHL board on GameFAQs and I thought it was apt:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fleury didn't exactly set a good tone for Pittsburgh when he sprinted out full speed and tripped onto the ice :lol:

:lol:

So Detroit takes game 2 as well and Osgood chalks up another shut out. Where is Pittsburgh in this series? I mean honestly, they are simply not showing up, if they had no power plays they would have had zero scoring chances in two games which is quite unacceptable tbh. Especially for a team that is supposed to have such potent and deep offensive capabilities.

Regarding Detroit, we played well offensively in the first period, and kind of stepped back in period 2 (though are defensive play was still miraculous) and the third period was pretty much all wings. Things to improve next game: the PP, we had like 5 or 6 and did not score in any, nor did we even have any particularly good chances; we must execute given chances like that.

It's a case of youth getting a little ahead of themselves mentally, thinking about the possibility of what it would be like to hold the cup, instead of veteran experience knowing the task at hand. As usual, game 3 in a best of 7 will tell us how long this series will be.