NHL 2014

I'm relatively satisfied with the Pens free agency so far. We'll see how everything pans out in the end of course but I'm optimistic right now.

And lol at Washington signing Orpik and Niskanen for what they did.

lol... John Scott to San José.

Sather's logic: "Let's be greedy, trade and sign for veterans so when they retire I will no longer be here so it's not my problem."

Fuck him, I want a new GM.

Who would you of liked? Most of the deals for defensemen sucked big time

Honestly, once we struck out on the big options I would have been fine just standing pat and not making any moves at all. We should have been fine rolling with our rookie defensemen instead we sign Kyle Fucking Quincey...and give him a raise at that.

Signing KFQ was a worse move than not making any.

I'm relatively satisfied with the Pens free agency so far. We'll see how everything pans out in the end of course but I'm optimistic right now.

And lol at Washington signing Orpik and Niskanen for what they did.

Don't see why those are bad signings... Orpik is a stay at home defenseman which the Capitals desperately need. Maybe they are a little overpaid, well Orpik anyways, but Niskanen deserves that contract.

They have a solid defense now man

Niskanen/Orpik
Carlson/Alzner
Erskine/Green
Orlov

and I highly doubt Ovie goes -35 like he did last year. Especially under the coaching duties of Barry Trotz.

As for Montreals moves, I like it.

I didn't really like the Gorges deal, we got fucking nothing in return. And didn't resign Gionta which really sucks because that leaves a huge hole in leadership from both Gio and Gorges. I mean it's nice that we got Tom Gilbert who's much bigger than Gorges and is a far better puck moving defenseman. As for Gio it leaves a RW Spot which hopefully leads to a big winger.

I'm glad they resigned Weaver, he proved his worth in the playoffs.

I really like the Manny Malhotra signing, we need help with defensive zone face-offs and he's really good with that.

And only time will tell with PA-Parenteau.

Rumor: J.T. Miller + Dany Kristo + Talbot for Joe Thornton.

He might be old but sounds like a pretty lame deal..

Rumor: J.T. Miller + Dany Kristo + Talbot for Joe Thornton.

He might be old but sounds like a pretty lame deal..

Lame deal, Dany Kristo has potential if he gets his act together though. He's gotta stop partying so much and focus more on getting better as a player, because he ain't giving much effort. Draft picks would make more sense to get Joe Thornton though.

When it comes to picks we have nothing on the table until 2016 and at some point we need to draft in the first round too. I'm a big fan of Talbot but we need something to get Nash going.. Because we're stuck with him for another 4-5 years.

Don't see why those are bad signings... Orpik is a stay at home defenseman which the Capitals desperately need. Maybe they are a little overpaid, well Orpik anyways, but Niskanen deserves that contract.

Niskanen is deserving of a pay increase and a great contract but both of those deals are for too many years. Especially Orpik, the type of game he plays isn't exactly conducive to playing a long lasting career. He can still be a highly effective player but I don't he'll be that effective for that long.