NHL 2014

It's going to be a shame to see Niskanen go but the Pens are so stacked with defensemen right now there just isn't any room for him. Orpik might end up walking as well, but the top priority is forwards anyways. Those third and fourth lines need a complete overall in my opinion. There just wasn't anyone available at the last trade deadline. Free agency will free up a lot of people I'm hoping.

And apparently both Toews and Kane want 12 million a year EACH. Crosby, Malkin, and Ovechkin don't even make that much. I don't know how much cap room Chi has but I'm sure it's getting smaller and smaller. They absolutely need Kane and Toews but I doubt they'll get anything above 10 million a year.

They'll probably both get 10 a piece - which for Kane is more than fair, best winger in the game. Toews, eh?

Either way unless the cap starts going up substantially, they're going to be in a bad situation. They'll be in cap hell and might start resembling the top heavy Pittsburgh situation more than their overall depth that makes them a threat.

Kesler to the Ducks

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 5s
Anaheim will trade Bonino, Sbisa plus 24th overall pick and teams will swap third-rounders once deal goes through

I'll miss Bonino, he played very well the last two years, but he's really the only thing that Anaheim cares about giving up. Sbisa has been garbage for most of his career, and Anaheim much rather keep the 10th pick than the 24th pick, obviously. I personally would've liked to have kept Bonino as the third line center, and instead traded one of the wingers like Palmieri (Van probably wanted a Center though), but we still have Mathieu Perreault and Rickard Rakell (and William Karlsson coming over from Sweden), so losing Bonino shouldn't hurt too much.

Hopefully Kesler stays healthy and productive. All in all, great trade by Murray! :)

And apparently both Toews and Kane want 12 million a year EACH. Crosby, Malkin, and Ovechkin don't even make that much. I don't know how much cap room Chi has but I'm sure it's getting smaller and smaller. They absolutely need Kane and Toews but I doubt they'll get anything above 10 million a year.

If I'm not mistaken there is a limit to how much a team can give for a salary. I could be wrong though, the one thing I know is a team can't offer more than an 8 year contract.

James Neal was just traded to the Preds for Hornqvist and Spaling. Saw that one coming. I wasn't really ever a fan of Neal.

That was before the new CBA which limits contracts to 7 years or 8 if the player signs with the team that drafted them

iirc

come on fabbri drop just a few more spots

Dan Boyle to the Rangers and Jussi Jokinen to Florida. Rutherford needs to start making moves and fast.