Official "Sports" thread

I can't imagine anything more depressing and irrelevant than a third place game. I know it's the World Cup, but... no thanks. Those teams are just going empty their benches, anyway.

You're just mad because Uruguay lost ;) . Better a 3rd than a 4th, but I think both teams get 20 mil dollars. Which is an insane amount of money, too much to just give away like that to be honest. But then again, FIFA is the world's largest transnational/multinational company of the world. They'll give 30 mil to the first place, and 24 to the 2nd one. How many 3rd-world African countries could've been helped with that money?

Oh, I'm definitely enjoying it. Plus, Germany is playing a guy named Butt. The 5 year old in me is enjoying every second of this.

Haha yeah, me and my little sis cracked up every time he appeared :lol: .

It was a very good game, I really enjoyed it! I crapped my pants when Uruguay did the final shot, holy scheiße that was close! But overall Deutschland was a better team IMO.

and Paul the octopus was proven right again!!
mwhahahahaha :devil::devil:
i'm going to laugh my ass off if he (it?) is going to be right tomorrow too :lol::lol::lol:

Butt was a good one indeed! :D
((i was watching this game, for a change, because a major thunderstorm caused outage on the other tv channel i was watching a movie on, along with the other 6-7 channels... :p))

and Paul the octopus was proven right again!!
mwhahahahaha :devil::devil:
i'm going to laugh my ass off if he (it?) is going to be right tomorrow too :lol::lol::lol:

Butt was a good one indeed! :D
((i was watching this game, for a change, because a major thunderstorm caused outage on the other tv channel i was watching a movie on, along with the other 6-7 channels... :p))

Hahaha it was Destiny that conspired against you so you could watch the game! Will you watch the final? Funny coincidence, there was an outage here so we couldn't watch the first half and twenty minutes of the second one until the power came back. But we had a wind radio, so no problemo! :)

Hahaha it was Destiny that conspired against you so you could watch the game! Will you watch the final? Funny coincidence, there was an outage here so we couldn't watch the first half and twenty minutes of the second one until the power came back. But we had a wind radio, so no problemo! :)

I didn't even try to watch the game during class; it's one of those classes where so much info just gets thrown at you at such a fast pace that if you get distracted, you lose track. Plus, I'm not shelling out nearly $900 just to then sit and watch World Cup; I'm there to get my code on! (And I did learn a lot, so it was worth it.) Scores were checked every half an hour or so, though :)

I managed to see the last part of the game at home on replay, and when Forlan biffed that last kick, my heart sank. But, ah well. They had a great run, and 4th is nothing to sneeze at.

Now, I'm off to re-paint my nails orange for tomorrow's game!

Ah, today is a good day. World Cup final, spent with my dad and mom (who have come from the States to visit) and it's my dad's birthday so we're going out to some overpriced (well, all Swedish restaurants are overpriced) steakhouse downtown before the game. I plan on eating a lot of meat, drinking a lot of beer and cheering on the Netherlands very loudly.

HUP HOLLAND!

^ Nice!

What a weird game, I hate how Nederlanden is playing, lots of fouls. Did you see that kick?!? That was a red card!

Yeah, could've been. But I've been surprised at how incredibly the Netherlands was getting called for things they couldn't have been seen and the Spanish have been spared yellow cards for things that the Netherlands totally got called for.

Still cheering for the Netherlands 'cause I don't like Spain.

Boriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing final. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING. Both teams played sooooo bad. Netherlands played so fucken dirty, too. Spain wasn't too much better, but nothing as bad as that kick-to-the-chest that was inexplicably not a red card.

What a crappy end to the cup! The third place game was 100 times better!

Boriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing final. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING. Both teams played sooooo bad. Netherlands played so fucken dirty, too. Spain wasn't too much better, but nothing as bad as that kick-to-the-chest that was inexplicably not a red card.

What a crappy end to the cup! The third place game was 100 times better!

Agreed! What a horrible, boring game! The one for the 3rd place was much, much more entertaining.

And jeez, Nederlanden, I ended up hating the damn team! (I won't root for it until they change it.) So many bloody fouls that it was a new record for the final with more cards! That referee was fucking useless to be honest! Nederlanden should've ended up with 9 or 8 players, just look at that kick! España should've played with 10 too, Puyol did a nasty foul.

But hey, España, despite the horrible game, was much better and deserved to win! I'm incredibly happy they won, hurrahs for España!!!!!

Third place was a much better match - but this was a match where I was able to actually sit and enjoy it.

My usual haunt was filled to the brim, and only a couple annoying people to boot! Some people where there for Spain, we had a healthy Dutch contingent, but most of them people there were there because it was, to quote one, a 'cultural happening'. During halftime, some people (I'm not sure who they were) presented the manager and staff of the coffee shop with an Official World Cup Final soccer ball, for 'uniting Columbia City'. I felt that that was very well deserved, this coffee shop provided a nice, welcoming place for families to bring their kids to enjoy World Cup, which is something that can't be done at a lot of bars.

And, hey - that match! All of the carding! I was waiting for the ump to just completely lose his shit and red card everyone on the pitch Just Because He Could. The resulting riot would have been much more entertaining than the actual game. The Spain win I was OK with, because it's HISTORY.

But, one thing made up for it all. Guess who won the Adidas Golden Ball for this World Cup? If you would have said this guy,

you would have been right.

Congrats to Diego Forlán and to Uruguay!!

I was rooting for the Netherlands until the finals. But then I changed my mind. Such an uninspired, yet brutal and stupid gameplay. I'm glad, Spain won in the end!

And, hey - that match! All of the carding! I was waiting for the ump to just completely lose his shit and red card everyone on the pitch Just Because He Could. The resulting riot would have been much more entertaining than the actual game. The Spain win I was OK with, because it's HISTORY.

But, one thing made up for it all. Guess who won the Adidas Golden Ball for this World Cup? If you would have said this guy,

I was also hoping that the referee would give the red card to many of those Dutch.

:lol: Qu Appelle: Official Forlán Groupie of the Vintersorg Forum
I admit he's nice eyes :) .

I'm sorry man, but we are the Champions!!! :)

Why don't you like Spain? Anyway, I love Sweden and Swedish people.

Best from Spain!

¡¡¡Síiiiiiiiiii, Españaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Estoy bastante feliz, al principio iba con los dos equipos, pero esos cabrones de Ned. cometieron unas faltas tan brutales que me pasé completamente a España.

¡¡¡Que felicidad!!! ¿Por qué "coños" estás en Internet y no celebrando en la calle? ¡Madrid debe de estar de locos! ¡Me encantaría estar ahí ahorita!

I was rooting for the Netherlands until the finals. But then I changed my mind. Such an uninspired, yet brutal and stupid gameplay. I'm glad, Spain won in the end!

Und dann gabs zwei. Seriously, I feel the same. What a disappointment, not only was it a horrible match (in general), but Ned. had such a hideous way of playing that it just made me hate them! What a way to go down in history, getting the second place and the record for more cards and fouls!

It should've went to Endo or Honda on the Japanese team IMO.