Official "Sports" thread

Because my argument is correct. There's no need to restate it another way or bring in different information! Why should I mutate it when you're wrong in theory (Uruguay having a crappy, lucky team in spite of their pretty good roster) and in practice (them being in the final four teams in the entire world left in the tournament).

I can't convince you because you don't want to be wrooooooooooooooooooong, but you aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare. Defeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat for youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess it's a matter of perspective because I think you're wrong.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the Deutschland vs España game! Two of my favourite teams of the cup in one game, but I'll be rooting for Deutschland this time! :headbang:

Here's the next two matches!

Uruguay vs. Netherlands - 6 Jul
Germany vs. Spain - 7 Jul

The match tomorrow is going to slay me, I love both teams so. But, that also means that either way, I'll be happy with the outcome! (Unfortunately, I also have a meeting to go to right afterwards, so I'll be celebrating whoever wins on the bus.) Hell, I don't even know who to root for. Probably Uruguay. But if Netherlands takes it? All good.

Wednesday will be Spain. But Germany will probably win. Either way? EXCITING! (If I get really motivated, I may try to watch this in an actual pub, instead of the neighborhood soccer coffee shop.)

A final game between Netherlands and Germany would be sooo awesome! No matter who will win in the end. :)

LIKE URUGUAY!

This game is going to be so epic...and I have to leave in the middle of it so that I can go to an employment meeting. But, I have Internets on my phone, so I can at least see the score!

No matter who? It does matter! Deutschland wird gewinnen! :headbang:

Of course we will. But even if not, the game will be great!

The winner will be "of German blood" anyway:
Wilhelmus van Nassouwe
ben ik, van Duitsen bloed,
den vaderland getrouwe
blijf ik tot in den dood..

Cheering for Germany in both hymns then :D:D

Of course we will. But even if not, the game will be great!

The winner will be "of German blood" anyway:
Wilhelmus van Nassouwe
ben ik, van Duitsen bloed,
den vaderland getrouwe
blijf ik tot in den dood..

Cheering for Germany in both hymns then :D:D

I guess it'd be better to say Germanic blood ;) .

Wow I really got nervous at the end too, what a lousy referee! He gave like 2 extra minutes!!! He didn't even call a penalty in favour of Uruguay (hehe). Mediocre at best.
In general I thought that Uruguay was OK, but I think that the only really good guy is Forlán.
Nederlanden was quite good, weak defence at times, and Sneijder should've scored a couple of more goals.

Tomorrow will be a great match!

Wow, that was really, really, really annoying.

Not the win against Uruguay - I like Holland a lot, and I'm glad they made it to the finals. And Uruguay had a good game, and managed to score 2 goals against them.

No, the annoying part was that I couldn't watch the entire game because I had an appointment to get to, and then a class afterwards. I only had time to watch the first half, and in a really horrible sports bar instead of my beloved coffee shop. So I couldn't even relax and enjoy the game, because I was surrounded by snoots and dipsy waitstaff. And then I had to head to a meeting, and then my art class. On the bus. And because I had no time to go home in between any of this, I had to haul some 15 lbs of art supplies around with me all day. I'm just exhausted.

Of course, tomorrow's game is against two teams I barely care about, and tomorrow I also have nothing to do. So I'll relax and watch it in bed with some tea.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing Uruguay again, and to definitely root for Holland in the Final!

I guess it'd be better to say Germanic blood ;) .

It's not cool anymore to speak of Germanic blood, you know? :D
And "duits" does not mean "Germanic". And it's their first stanza and it goes on like "I have always honoured the king of Spain". So, without historical context it's like "Well, I don't wanna mention which nation this hymn is for, yet, but there are other great countries" :D
But back then things were differnt and "duits" reffered to more than just what is German today.

Anyways, this thread's about sport.

Tour de France has just started. Anyone into it? I'm not.

it will be hard if germany wins, to decide for which team to root between germany and holland :confused:

it will be hard if germany wins, to decide for which team to root between germany and holland :confused:

Imagine my pain yesterday!

I guess I'm going to head back to the shitty sports bar downtown to watch Spain vs. Germany, for one reason - they have air conditioning, and we're in a heat wave. Buildings in Seattle are built to retain heat, not dissipate it, and also, very few people have air conditioners. So, when it gets beyond 80 F, we swelter. Today's high is going to be in the 90's.

Hopefully today it won't take 15 minutes to get an Americano, and they won't short me on the change.

If I wasn't German I'd root for the Netherlands because of my bold heart that is always for the outsiders and wants them to win who've never won before =) :rofl: