Official Hockey (NHL) thread

blood_drunk

beer drinker & hellraiser
Mar 5, 2008
Quebec
Yeah, i know the sports thread still exists, but people always talk about football so it's impossible to talk about other sports. So i decided to create that thread, to talk about the NHL hockey.

The series are soon, so who will win the stanley cup??

Yeah, you got it. I seriously think montreal is the best team because they have a large amount of players who score points (Kovalev, Plekanec, Koivu, Markov, Streit, Higgins, Latendressem Kosttitsyn brothers) and a great defensive (Komisarek, Hamrlik, Markov)

And i agree that Carey Price is the greatest prospect in the whole NHL teams. But Halak is still a great goaler, and Montreal can't keep both in the team for a long time

Devils suck balls in attack, but they still have a good defensive.. But Brodeur is not at his best these times...

Habs will surely finish first

The Devils were never about lighting up the scoreboard, they've always been defensively oriented, and they are still among the best defenses in the league. They tend to score when they need to, rather than blow other teams away. But then again they're only first in their conference, they clearly don't have much of a chance in the playoffs.

The Sens have been pretty average for a while and their goalie just aren't good enough to take them very far in the playoffs. I'll always be rooting for Montreal but I'm pretty sure the cup will end up in the west this year. Anaheim, Detroit and San Jose are very strong contenders I think.

Dallas: Since Richards is there and the trios changed, the team loses games, and Ribeiro fucking slowed

Sens: I don't think Martin Gerber is a good goaler for the series. But it's still a very dangerous team in attack, with the trio of Alfredsson

Anaheim: Winners of the stanley cup, very strong defensive, but the attack slowed down comparing to last year

Detroit: High scoring team, with 2 great goalers. But i think the surprising habs will beat them, particulary in powerplay

Detroit has sucked lately. They're not going anywhere. I like Dallas and San Jose in the West. I don't follow the East as much. Ottawa has been sliding bad. Pittsburgh's good, but they might be too young still. New Jersey has a chance.

Looks like the Hawks are going to come up short of the playoffs. They should be a good team for a long time though.