Official Hockey (NHL) thread

Though I'm not a Flyer fan, they have my old captain(Oilers) Smith, and I picked them in 6 against Montreal.

And Detroit completes the sweep. The Avs were dominated this series but to be fair they did have injuries to their most significant players (Smyth, Forsberg, Statsny, Wolski).

Anyways, I am obligated to post this:

avssweepza2.jpg

The AVs brought back some familiar faces , but like trying with an ex girlfriend...the flame was not rekindled.:)

I just don't like that Forseberg supposedly "retired", but somehow ends up with Colorado again.

I just don't like that Forseberg supposedly "retired", but somehow ends up with Colorado again.

Yeah false retirements are almost as annoying as encores at metal shows (just play to the end and then say goodnight!)

Agreed, as much as I liked the champion AVs teams w/ Sakic and Co., I didn't like the soap opera that later ensued.

Also, Flyres in 4-games over Habs...didn't see that coming, though I'm kinda glad for the "city of brotherly love". Flyers fans should give some thanks to the Bruins...thier 7-game series was a tough one and seemed to take alot out of the Habs.

Yes!!!!
Fuck the Rangers!!!!

I wonder what happened to what's his face...the bald NBC guy that licks Ranger anus. He must have known that game 5 was going to be the clincher. I'm sure right after the game, NY complained that the salary cap needs to go up again, so they can make all of America happy next year. Cause the rest of America loses sleep, when NY doesn't get their way!:cry:

I wonder what happened to what's his face...the bald NBC guy that licks Ranger anus.

Are you talking about the on ice reporter who sat in the box between the benches? The jackass that gave us insightful commentary like... "its 3 to 1 Pens leading right now and I see the coach for the Pens looks happy and the Rangers coach, well he looks kinda mad...back to you guys up in the booth".

Your talking about this smug jackass I am assuming?

Pierre___portrait.jpg

His name is Pierre McGuire and he really is quite fucking annoying.