Official Hockey (NHL) thread

Agreed.
Doc is a great, classy, professional play-by-play guy. Doc was a mentor to the former Bruin play-by-play caller (NESN should have never let him go) named Dale Arnold who is/was similar to Doc.

Yeah Doc is great. When Fox had hockey, they'd have him do the finals. Him and Gary Thorn are the best play by play guys for Nationally broadcast games.

You cannot beat Bob Cole, from Hockey Night In Canada, for hockey announcing. Plain and simple. Harry Neale on the other hand, who Bob is usually teamed up with, is a complete moron.

Well, that's different. I was just kind of referring to here in the states. I can't believe I can't remember, but who's the guy thats partnered with Craig Simpson? And here's a good one for all...I'm not a big fan of Don Cherry. It's not his opinions, it's his smugness that I don't like too much. He used to talk out of his ass, back in the 80's, calling the Oilers "chokers". Which cracked me up, I mean, at the time, they were only 4 years in existence!
And it's not like they lost to an overrated team in the Islanders, in their first Stanley Cup final, geez. They did win 3 before that.

I cant stand Cherry either. All he does is talk about how great of a coach he was, and what he would've done in every situation.
I think Craig is partnered with Jim Hughson a lot of the time.

Oh, ok. Cherry's suits crack me up though. I mean, I know it's all to get attention, but that's one style in clothes that'll probably never retro, thankfully! I'm really fired up for next year, because the Oilers have already signed 3 of their young players (2 rookies) to long term contracts. In their 29 years of existence, they've never been able to do that!

san jose dallas game last night was amazing! Only could stay up till teh end of the first OT, had school today :(

The goaltending in that game was the best I have ever seen under that kind of pressure.
In the 1st overtime when Nabokov made that lunging glove save coming from the other side of the net, I thought it was over. I figured the only way a human being could do that was if it was just fate for his team to win.
Fortunately Marty Turco is a freak of nature in his own right and Brendan Morrow has ice running through his veins.

I've always wondered one thing though...Why does Bobby Clark always get different goalies each season? There's been some good ones go through Philly over the last 10 years. I like Bobby Clark, though. He took no shit from Lindros, and that whack job of a father of his.

I've always wondered one thing though...Why does Bobby Clark always get different goalies each season? There's been some good ones go through Philly over the last 10 years. I like Bobby Clark, though. He took no shit from Lindros, and that whack job of a father of his.

Every year he claimed that we needed a new goalie. Checkmanek, Ecshe, Nittimakki wasn't doing good enough. But Clarke left before we could sign Biron, I think, that may have been Holmgren.

The goaltending in that game was the best I have ever seen under that kind of pressure.
In the 1st overtime when Nabokov made that lunging glove save coming from the other side of the net, I thought it was over. I figured the only way a human being could do that was if it was just fate for his team to win.
Fortunately Marty Turco is a freak of nature in his own right and Brendan Morrow has ice running through his veins.

shouldn't have even happened if he didn't come out of the net and give the puck away :cry:

wow. fucking bullshit call.

Let me guess...against Dallas.:)
I'm hoping too, for the Stars in this series.

The Pens are very exciting to watch, and not a Philly fan at all. But the Flyers made me very happy by knocking off Montreal...and for some reason I want to see them move on and make it to the finals.

Dallas looked half asleep in that game. Detroit came out strong in general for the first two periods, but kind of tapered off after the Dallas goal until the end of the third.

Yes, Dallas didn't play well at all, but I also don't think that that was Detroit at their best either.

No fights at the end of the Pitt/Phil game tonight. Perhaps because Laraque was on the ice at the end of the game tonight? I remember last series against new york, when Avery tried to start shit with Pitt at the end of game 3, and then skated away when Laraque came after him. I can't stand that fucker! If you're going to be an instigator, be like Barnaby was....he'd get under the oppositions skin, and then stand up to fight, regardless of the outcome.