Official Hockey (NHL) thread

fucking sick comeback by the Penguins tonight. fuck the Rangers :kickass:
We lost our cable last night durig a storm, but I approve of this post.

Stars win in OT baby yeah.

NHL goalies amaze me. The skill, reaction time, agility, quick decision making, and sheer balls required to sit in front of the net and stop pucks is astounding.
I kinda like the Sharks, but fuck the Stars are good

MOTHER FUCKING FUCK! I fucking hate Detroit. seriously, I wish death upon that team. Why cant their plane explode at 30,000. fuck!

I still don't understand your blind hatred of the Wings. They have a great team, with even greater management. I am sure you wouldn't despise players like Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg or even Franzen if they ended up on the Blues and helped them actually make the playoffs, now would you?

Also, Franzen is the man.

nope. Its pure hatred. always has been. There are actually people that hate them more than I do. (if you can believe that)

Brett Hull was my favorite player back in the day. He became a redwing and now I hate him.
Shanahan was great, he became a redwing, now I hate him.
Dallas Drake was on the Blues, now a redwing.... I hate him.
fuck that team! I hope they all die.

Well, I don't hate the Wings as much as Krigloch :), but I am rooting for Colorado (who need to step it up) but so far this series unfortunately has not been like the great series of the past between the Wings and Avs. Those past playoff matchups was Hockey at its best in my opinion.

Go Stars!
Sharks have a bunch of dickheads...Roenick, Thorton (somebody tell him the playoffs have started) and Maclaren (surprise-hurt again). Can't even root for my former Bruin players (Thorton & Maclaren).

Penquins are damn fun to watch and I can't root for a NY
team...go Pens!

Flyers v Habs, given my hatred for both these teams...hope they entertain, knock the shit out of each other and that neither one makes it to the finals.

hey, hey easy.:)
Figured I'd start talking about every other sport other than football and MY PATRIOTS, it will save some headaches for myself and others.:lol:

BTW- Habs & Flyers are starting to get nice and nasty.

nope. Its pure hatred. always has been. There are actually people that hate them more than I do. (if you can believe that)

Brett Hull was my favorite player back in the day. He became a redwing and now I hate him.
Shanahan was great, he became a redwing, now I hate him.
Dallas Drake was on the Blues, now a redwing.... I hate him.
fuck that team! I hope they all die.

Well, look on the bright side....I'm a lifelong Oiler fan, and what did the fucking retarded Rangers orginazation do in 92'? They took nine of my Oilers, and the Kings took 5 of them from 89-93. No big fucking suprise, since those are the 2 biggest markets in sports! Hey...we can't GM good, so lets buy a championship. Oh, our GM sucks...we'll take Sather(GM) from Edmonton too! And after 94', they continued to take 1-2 year players from Edmonton, because they couldn't afford to give them contracts. They took 2 of their coaches as well, in that time frame. After they gutted the Oilers clean for those 13 years, they also got Lindross, Jagr, Fleury, Shannahan, Bure....what do you know, the first year of the Salary Cap, and Edmonton made it all the way to game 7 of the finals!! Oh, they slapped around Detroit that year as well! And I'm sick of that bald fuck on NBC that has been licking the Ranger's groin all year, and still in the playoffs, won't freaking shut up! And I'm tired of year after year, the "analysts" saying that "we need New York to do good, and make the finals...it's good for hockey"....:mad: To me, the Oiler's orginization know talent, and GM-ing. Because even though they'd lose 3-6 young talented players every year, they still would fight, and scrap their way into the playoffs almost every year, and upset(more like out-play in every way...)"the better team" in the first round...
#2 Dallas- #7 Edmonton-Oilers in 7 (97')
#2 Colorado- #7 Edmonton-Oilers in 7 (98')
#1 Detroit- #8 Edmonton-Oilers in 6 (06')
I could give more examples, but I'm already being..:Smug:

Oh yeah, dont' forget...St Louis-expansion team in 67'. First 3 years of existence, and they made the finals, with an upstart coach named Scotty Bowman, who ended up in Detroit!

Yeah it does...Edmonton only missed the playoffs by one point, and set a record for total man games missed due to injury, and still had a good season. And of course, having the youngest team in the NHL...as usual. And then youngest player in all of the NHL as well. But guess what? They've already signed Gilbert, (rookie defenseman) who broke the rookie D scoring record, (a record that was Paul Coffey's)to a six year deal. Then Signed 2nd year player Robert Nillson to a 3 year deal, and Grebeshkov as well. Until 2 years ago, Edmonton wouldn't have been able to keep them after 2 years. They would have had to let New York, Detroit,(who has grabbed 5 top young Oilers in the last 4 years) or Dallas sign them. In 06', when they were one game away from their 6th Cup, it was the first year of the salary cap. They signed Pronger, Samsanov, Mickael Peca, and Spacek. Of course, Pronger got lured away, after that season. But the Oilers now can keep young talent. Just this year, the way they finished, despite record injuries to 7 starters, (all season ending!) and having the youngest team....I know they'll be right back to where they were in the 80's and early 90's. Well, I don't think quite as good, but nobody will ever dominate, or break all those records they set in that period. Nobody's ever going to break the total goals in a season....or any of the other records... no team will ever even come close. I picked San Jose to win the west the last 2 years. They're really suprising me how they have some real good players, but always seem to relax after getting to the second round. And Buffalo! What is going on with their ownership/GM? They would have been the team to beat if they didn't let all those great players go! You're only supposed to change 15% of your roster every year, when building, or maintaining a good team.

Ramses, for fucks sake use some paragraphs!

The Salary Cap hasn't worked at all. All the top free agents go to the same fucking teams. Gomez and Drury went to the Rags, Briere goes to the Flyers and Rafalski signs with the Wings.

It has worked. All one needs to do is look at the Eastern Conference standings amongst the top 8 before entering the playoffs this year, each team was extremely close to one another--making it very difficult for any one team to be 'stacked' or set to dominate the other. Moreover, the sheer number of 7 game series' in the first round indicates that competition amongst teams is far more even, overall.

Also, the salary cap was never designed to prohibit quality players from going to quality teams if and when they were willing to take a pay cut (i.e. Rafalski).

WINGS BABY!!!!!!1111111 3-0!

Seriously though, I am doubting a sweep but if the Avs keep playing like shit it could happen. Detroit also seems hungry. Great to see Franzen keep up his scoring frenzy as well.

It was great to see all those idiot fans in new york get their panties in a bunch. I'm sure that next year, like they did at the beginning of this season, increase the salary cap a little more, so the Rangers can grab 2 more stars from Pittsburgh or Tampa.