Good Doom Metal?

PS

MyEyesBleed said:
Morgion (buy "Among Majestic Ruin", just do it)

AngelWitch73 said:
Many great recommendations here already... I´d like to second the choice for MORGION. GREAT band !

I've gone and ordered it. If I don't like it, I will personally hunt you both down and force you to listen to the ULTIMATE doom music as aforementioned. For TEN whole minutes. HA!

Linkin Park - Reanimation

The most depressing thing ever. One cannot help but feel an utter sense of impending doom if subjected to the listening of this.

Yes so sad that they suck so bad. :(

MURAI said:
Don't forget Katatonia folks.

Ahh, I would have named them, but I never really classed them as doom. But I guess they are. Amazing band! :headbang:

Also, Opeth, of course, although they aren't really doom - they're close enough.

Thorr's Hammer (not to be confused with the Viking metal band)
Burning Witch
Sunn O))
bowdown.gif

Beyond Black Void
Skepticism
bowdown.gif

Thergothon
bowdown.gif

My Dying Bride
Anathema
Katatonia
Agalloch (not doom per se but worth checking out)
In The Woods...(same as above)
Opeth (same as above)
Shape of Despair
bowdown.gif

Unholy
3rd and the Mortal
Morgion
bowdown.gif

Mindrot
Left Hand Solution
early Beyond Dawn
Funeral
bowdown.gif

Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine
Khanate
Solitude Aeternus
early Paradise Lost
Cathedral

more stonerish bands:
Boris
Electric Wizard (listening to them sober makes me feel stoned-thats how good they are!)
bowdown.gif

Internal Void
Eternal Elysium
Pentagram
Trouble
The Obssessed
Kyuss
Sleep
bowdown.gif

Abdullah
The Want

Gallantry over Docility said:
Ahh, I would have named them, but I never really classed them as doom. But I guess they are. Amazing band! :headbang:

Also, Opeth, of course, although they aren't really doom - they're close enough.

are they really nixon

i think youll find i was pretty much the closest anyone on this shitty forum (it really was TERRIBLE back then) got to their actual genre at the time, everyone was like "OPETH DARK PROGRESSIVE DEATH METAL"

Saint Vitus, Trouble. Sourvein, Cathedral, etc. lolz

I've still never listened to Nasheim.