Good music to listen to when you're depressed?

I check out Sentenced's The Cold White Light, since many people have mentioned them. "Excuse Me While I Kill Myself," "The Luxury Of A Grave," and "Blood And Tears" are very good songs to listen to when depressed.

I listen to anything when i'm depressed...but I find Neurosis tends to make me depressed...though in a nice way. I love Neurosis. It's difficult not to sense the world ending when listening to Neurosis.
yell.gif

Lacrimas Profundere
Candlemass
My Dying Bride
Anathema ( Dreaming--The Romance is about the most depressing song I've ever heard )
Vast ( not metal, but good nonetheless )
Virgin Black
Sleepless
Opeth
Empyrium

Life Sucks said:
What do you like to listen to when you're depressed? For me it's been Burzum, Opeth, Paradise Lost, and Lacuna Coil lately. I used to just listen to songs about suicide when I was depressed. I'm depressed very often. What songs or bands do you recommend listening to when depressed?

The Goo Goo Dolls !! I am not trying to be funny either. 99.5% of radio rock I hate, but Rzeznik (the guitarist/vocalist) makes an exception to the rule. This guy can sing his ass off (in the studio) and has a great guitar sound that is very unique. He writes some songs that are dark that you can relate to and some that are kind of "happy" if you will that might make you feel better.
I wouldn't put this on a metal board if I weren't serious. Rzeznik is so emotic in his vocals that he can totally capture a listener. The Dolls didn't get famous because they followed some stupid formula.... they wrote the formula. "Dizzy Up the Girl" my favorite CD by them is awesome. Amongst the 14 year old girls in line buying the next GGD CD, there will also be the 34 YO mosh-pit veteran wearing the Slayer t-shirt right behind them to make his purchase. Listen to the song "Iris." The normal "sheep" of America love it, but it is one hell of a strong song. I still put it in the player once in a blue moon.

Bryant

P.S. If you ever need to talk to anyone, my ICQ number is 26113691. I don't get on as often as I would like due to a rough second shift work schedule, but I'm more than willing to talk to new friends whenever I can when I am online.

yeah, anathema
and maybe some remy zero or smashing pumpkins tho theyre not metal. there are some really good depressing cure songs, too