Music suggestions for when you're down...

Anathema
Tiamat
My Dying Bride...

I love to listen to sad stuff when I'm sad... it helps to just let it out sometimes instead of pushing it back....

In the non metal department:
Massive Attack
Depeche Mode
Tori Amos
Miles Davis
The Smiths.....

hope you feel better Jen!

if im down and i wanna stay down or listen to something to relate, I like Anathema, Antimatter, the Nine Inch Nails "Still" CD or the piano tribute to NIN, thats got some good stuff on there.

As far as getting me out of depression, theres a band that usually cheers me up, whos name i wont mention for flaming purposes, and no its not the deftones you assholes.

Antony and the Johnsons - I am a bird now
Jeff Buckley - Grace

Grace is probably one of my favorite albums ever made. Thanks everyone for the suggestions I actually took up quite a few :)

And I am quite fine, I'm just stressed out continually I suppose with college, and the fact that I can't wait to transfer etc, and I don't know, I guess it's just the winter blues...

But thanks for the concern although it is entirely unnecessary!

I also read quite a bit, and to anyone else, that works well too :)

If I want to wallow in it, I go for: Fates Warning – Parallels
If I want something to cheer me up, I go for: KISS – Alive! (how can you not smile when you hear a guy from New York talk like a black woman from the deep south:lol: ) or the first Van Halen album

(late as always)

When I'm pissed off at something, I usually listen to Pantera, Meshuggah or Morbid Angel. Works as an escape valve for me, so I can put up with other people and do whatever I need to (work, for example).

I really don't have the habit of listening cheer up songs, they just irritate me more... the best thing for me is a good night's sleep.

Hope you're alright.
Cheers.

As far as getting me out of depression, theres a band that usually cheers me up, whos name i wont mention for flaming purposes, and no its not the deftones you assholes.

Don't be a pussy Mike... stand proud and tall and never be ashamed of the music you like.... screw "tr00 metal heads" or other opinions... what difference does it make?

I was singing out loud in my car today to Beyonce. So fucking what?
I think she's an amazing singer.

Anathema - Judgement... really good album. pretty much any anathema. And the Planetary Confinement by Antimatter as well.

I was singing out loud in my car today to Beyonce. So fucking what?

So fucking GWEN.

gwen-stefani-1024x768-16966.jpg

:)

Music for :cry: and :cry:

Mark Lanegan " Field songs", "Whiskey for the holy gost", "I´ll take care of you", "Scraps at midnight",

16 Horsepower "Secret south"

Christel Alsos (norwegian singer with the sadest and most beutiful voice I´ve heard for years)

sing along and feel better!