Goodbye Pro Tools. Hello Cubase :D

Fox Mulder

The Truth Is Out There
Jan 22, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Every version of Cubase before v5.5 was 32bit and not 64bit? Am I right?

I'm sick, sick, sick, and... well... sick of Avid. And I don't wanna take chances with PT9 either. I can't afford a MAC. Pro Tools for PC is a big no no, IMHO.

I have Sonar X1 and I absolutely LOVE IT! Been using Sonar since it was Cakewalk 9 and It just keeps getting better. The new session drummer allows sample import which makes it very very easy to layer drum sounds. The smar tool takes a bit of getting used to but now that I am using it its amazing. All the plug-ins it comes with fucking slay! The Convolution reverb plugin is probably the best convolution reverb plugin I have ever used. The routing matrix is like using a real mixer which I really love!

I cant say enough good things about it :)

SCREW YOU GUYS!!! Jump on the PT9 wagon :D

It's still a 32bit DAW. The only difference is - it would use upto of 4GB of Ram leaving rest for all of your other applications running on your computer. And that, my friend, is a very, very dumb idea! Why would a studio computer need so much resources for non-audio applications in the first place?

----------------------

4GB don't do me no good, and I'm sick of printing VSTIs. Gets me frustrated when I have to rollback something. I do a lot of electronic/trance/house/rock fused with eastern folk etc etc (EWQL RA!) as well.

The obvious: Non-HD PT 9 is targeted towards 'the presetz guyz' locked up in their bedrooms due to being grounded by their parents for getting infected with herpes? Perhaps?

greyskull/crillemannen: The last sentence of the post above wasn't aimed at you. I'm sorry if it felt it did. I really am. Just clearing my stance comrades!

Cheers!