Got a lot more gray hairs this week.

spideyjg

Bass Gear Geek
Nov 14, 2005
So my wife comes home Wednesday night at 9:00 or so from a scrapbooking class and promptly tells me we have to go to the Emergency room. She can barely stand and is in serious pain.
smilie_kopf.gif

Now my wife is a medium skinned black woman who is 6' 0". Her entire inner left thigh was approaching the color of mahogany. :yow: :yow: That is a lot of tissue with a raging problem of some kind.

My head starts reeling at the color and heat from it. No time to overanalyze shit just get the fuck in the truck! I start peppering her with questions and she noticed the spreading hours earlier! You don't have to be a doctor to realize some whacked shit is going on and you need medical intervention fer chrissakes!!!!! On the way to the ER I am emphatic she needs to think of the timeline to tell the triage nurse as this seems to be a rapidly spreading infection or whatever the fuck it is. :ill:

We get to the hospital and she was taken in pretty quick and loaded up with IV antibiotics and let us go home about 2:00 am. The color has subsided from the borderline they drew and she is to be off her feet until Monday.

I love her completely but sometimes she really drives me nuts with health stuff. "I have a high pain threshold" is gonna be her damn epitath.
po.gif

Scared the ever living shit out of me. She seems on the mend but I'm nagging her about taking her meds constantly, and she isn't gonna live this one down.

Jim

They said it was Cellulitis.

Scary shit.
Left untreated, the spreading bacterial infection may rapidly turn into a life-threatening condition.

Yep Sara from the timeline she told me it went from nothing to emergency room in less than 8 hours.

Jim

Glad to hear she's going to be ok, Jim! Give her our best for a fast and quick recovery. Hope she listens and stays off her feet - if she gives you a hard time, there's always duct tape! :lol:

She sounds a lot like my sister who also has a high pain threshold. I remember one time she had a "pain" in her side that kept getting worse and worse over the course of several days til she finally had to go to the emergency room. Turns out her lung had a small punture in it and was gradually deflating... by the time she went to emergency room her lung had almost completely collapsed. Her hub was pretty upset that she waited so long, but what can ya do - I guess it's the price you pay for marrying a strong woman!

Air Raid Siren said:
I guess it's the price you pay for marrying a strong woman!

She is showing steady improvement and has a follow up with her doctor tomorrow.
Thanks for all the well wishes folks.

My friend Ted, who Marcy enjoys busting his ass when the 49'ers are losing, got back at her and said a "strong woman" would have realized there was a problem and went to the hospital right then. A dumb one waits until the pain is unbearable. :lol:

She can't argue and finally admitted this morning she should have gone right away.

Seeing as right now the 49ers are down 41 to 0 she is gonna call him again :lol:

Jim

There has been like an epidemic of Fleshing Eating Bacteria... This is scary crap, because the infection can take over from a simple scratch or bang and withing hours your body can be destroyed and it starts out as redness.

RoboCaster said:
There has been like an epidemic of Fleshing Eating Bacteria... This is scary crap, because the infection can take over from a simple scratch or bang and withing hours your body can be destroyed and it starts out as redness.

Oh yeah, that went through my mind. GAS (group A Strep) is the flesh eating bacteria and I was afraid of that or a brown recluse bite. Either are horrid things .

Thankfully everything is progressing. She still has a small area that still hurts and that may have been the entry point.

Jim

get well soon mrs spideyjg.

well wait till you hear about my weekend.

Was out Friday in a rock club, bouncers being complete pricks, jump on the table and starts kicking the beers off, kicks a pint into my brother in laws girlfriends head, so we both get up ready to tear the head of this dick, brother in law slips on the wet floor.

6 hours later in the A&E (accident and emergency) dept after the 13 man pub brawl has been taken away by the police, we finally find out he has two fractures and a chipped bone in his ankle!!

Sorted the bouncer though, went back the next night and gave him one hell of a kicking!.