Got my HM-2 Japan today

I don't think there ever was a made in taiwan HM-2, but yeah, cool pedal for that scandinavian sound.

There is. Though as far as I can tell there's only slight difference in caps mfg. Mine sounds identical to my buddy's MiJ.
hm2tw.jpg

I love that pedal, and am scouting for one myself.

Your clips are nice, but i like them a little more swedish myself. This probably means pure hm-2 without any other amps blended in. To each his own.

IIIN THE CASKET GARDEEEEEENNNN :headbang:

I don't use my HM-2 as much as I should. Great fun to jam around with, but doesn't end up on enough recordings. On the next Corpse Devourment demo I'm thinking of quad tracking with the HM-2 in the back, to fatten things up a bit. And get me some of that insane midrange that makes me boner so hard.

I love that pedal, and am scouting for one myself.

Your clips are nice, but i like them a little more swedish myself. This probably means pure hm-2 without any other amps blended in. To each his own.

Using an amp is fine. The old swedish bands used HM-2 into amps. In fact, you get more grind if you dial in a bit of amp distortion. Checkout the link in my signature for an example ;)
Also, I think I read somewhere that Dismember played with all the knobs on their Marshalls up to 10, plus the HM-2 haha

I've got two Japan HM-2 pedals, btw

I got mine a few days ago too. 50$ BIN on ebay. The guy took MONTHS to ship.

Sadly, it's shitsauce with my JVM as per Dismember instructions, but backed off a bit yeah, it's that borderline fuzz/dist sound. Kinda like the FZ-2, only useful for aping that one particular sound, but what a sound that is...my oh my..

Using an amp is fine. The old swedish bands used HM-2 into amps. In fact, you get more grind if you dial in a bit of amp distortion. Checkout the link in my signature for an example ;)
Also, I think I read somewhere that Dismember played with all the knobs on their Marshalls up to 10, plus the HM-2 haha

I've got two Japan HM-2 pedals, btw

Whoops, think i didn't make myself clear enough. What i meant was a pure hm-2 setup. I saw you blended in the lead channel of your krank, with 2 tracks of Hm2 bossted amps? What i like better is just like, 4 tracks of HM-2 boosted amps.