Got some more snare samples

Dang - I really dig those! 2x57?

No, 57 on top and i5 on bottom, good combination.
I have to work hard on snares it's much more difficult to me, if I find another way to process the sound in a better way I'll post it.
Oh the processing is SSL EQ and Comp, I find the first processed to be with no decay, the sound dies early, too much early, I don't know if you know what I mean.
Let's see!

I'm just downloaded them but haven't listened yet, but you don't like the sound of the snares? I ask because i've struggled to get the sound of the snares in the mix without loosing the attack of the hit. For some reason i like to hear the snares.

Well I don't like too much my first processed samples, so I said maybe you guys can do it better and post my samples processed in a good way.
if you can do it eheh I'm glad ;)

No, 57 on top and i5 on bottom, good combination.
I have to work hard on snares it's much more difficult to me, if I find another way to process the sound in a better way I'll post it.
Oh the processing is SSL EQ and Comp, I find the first processed to be with no decay, the sound dies early, too much early, I don't know if you know what I mean.
Let's see!

Just an idea - why don't you try i5 on top and 57 on bottom? :)

Wow, I downloaded the processed sample now and it sounds really good, compared to the unprocessed. Can you share with us the settings of the EQ and compression? And I guess you fliped the phase of one of the mics in it, because they are out of phase in the unprocessed samples.

that's great relixkeeper, I like it a lot
is it just top? top and bottom?
EQ? compression?
here's my settings :
EQ on the top
SSL_EQ_TOP.JPG

Extra EQ on the top
ADDITIONAL_SSL_EQ_TOP.JPG

Bussed top and bottom and used comp and a limiter
SSL_COMP.JPG

Elephant_Limiter.JPG

On bottom I didn't use any eq, just reversed the phase

Thanks, I like it too. I don't really know what style are you playing, but imo this snare wont sound that good in the traditional metal styles like heavy/power or heavy/thrash.

By the way what are you using as preamp?

And thanks for the samples you are giving us!

Top and bottom. Top is about 6 db louder.

Here are the settings:
1. First compressor - Sonalksis compressor, Ratio 5:1, Attack 50, Rls 50 and reduction (on the last hit) of around 6 db.

2. EQ - Voxengo GlissEQ, High Pass on 140 Hz, 350 Hz -5 db tight Q, 800 Hz -3 db wider Q, 3.2k Hz High Shelf +2 db, 8.3k Hz +1.2 db wide Q

3. Second compressor - URS 1980 Compressor, Ratio 3:1, Attack 25, Rls 50, Reduction on the last hit around 8 db.

4. Reverb - Sended to Classik Studio Reverb Room with a preset called Smooth Drum Room and some minor tweaking in predelay and decay times.

I will be really happy if I help you in some way!

Bussed together. Bottom is -6 db.

I tried some seperate compression, but it didn't really worked in my opinion. Again, it depends from the style of music.

If you want, I can make some other processing for different styles.