Got the DVD yesterday

KevyCanavan

Jaaaaaaaam
Jul 10, 2003
Northern Ireland
www.kevycanavan.cjb.net
I'ts pretty good, but then I was at the gig so nothing surprised me.
The sound mix is exelent as it is Andy Sneap but that keyboard guy's vocals are dodgy sounding on there in a few places.

The Lepar Affinity is the best tune on it I reacon, and i'ts a pitty Demon didn't make it on there.

I think a normal opeth live gig DVD is whats called for personally.

i'll give it a 6/10

Im getting up early for once and heading down town for about 9am to get it.I cant wait to see this.

I got it since friday. I know a guy @ Zomba, who distributes the dvd. It's pretty awesome!! The sound is fucking great, and the filming is great too.. except the very-close-ups of Mikael (and it's nose). But ok, what about that detail man?! The audience is pretty calm I think... too bad, but hey, doesn't matter anyway.
Damnation gig is great, especially Closure. My favourite Damnation-track and especially the live-version. The hard-stuff-gig is great too. But it's kind of sad that the older stuff isn't on it. But that was said already. Still... I miss Demon or a Godhead's Lament or something like that.
The documentary of the making of is cool too.

You'd better buy this dvd cuz it rocks!

I just got it today from amazon.co.uk. I was there, so I know how good their performance was. I was only curious about how it would be captured on a DVD.

I've only seen the concert part (once) so far (there's a documentary as well: The making of Deliverance and Damnation) so..

I can tell that the filming part preceded (is that the right verb? :p) my expectations. I didn't expect MFN to really make it within 2 months time. As for the sound, it's just perfect, you can hear pretty much everything. And maybe this is its only flaw. My complaint has to do with this. I'd like to hear/see more crowd. We were there singing along on Harvest and headbanging on Deliverance, but none of them made it on the DVD. Oh well..

EDIT: I WANT THE T-SHIRT MARTIN L'S WEARING!

What can I say? The DVD is simply superb! The sound and camera work are particually great! I was rather pleased to see myself about 8 or so times too (I was the guy in the "My Arms, Your Hearse" shirt at the front), and my friend Dom was right next to me doing a high pitched scream right at the camera. Anyhow, yeah, great stuff..."Deliverance" is particulaly crushing and heavy! I thought they should have had more shots of the crowd too!