Got the DVD yesterday

Got mine yesterday and it is a great piece of work, but I have to agree that 2 hours with a full selection from all their albums would have been better, but then I am one of those people who quite likes damnation but not in great big doses.

Still, its a great DVD, excellent sound and its very well shot, definatley worth having.

Id love to see opeth do another live DVD at some point in the future with a nice long set respresenting all their albums, and no doubt if this one sells well they will do, as they are technically excellent live.

I think what I really love about live Opeth is theres no fancy costumes, no flashy backdrops, stage sets, etc, they just walk on and play.

Mikael cracks his usual odd piece of dry humour but is generally quite quiet during the sets (as is usual) but you know its all because they dont need gimmicks, flashy sets, or showmanship... the music does all that for them.

Mikael could walk on stage and just say "Hi were Opeth... just shut up and watch!" :)

I just saw it. The thing I don't really like is indeed that they don't show a lot of their playing. Hard to figure out what they play. It was frustrating, especially at parts that I really wanted to see them play.

But it rocks!
I already made some changes in my guitar section. More coming soon. Cause I've only seen it once :p.

Kevin.
http://opeth.fqelite.com

Great DVD, 5.1 mix is excellent.

Documentry also very good. Shame you didn't get the full damnation tour set and the heavy set was missing the old songs.

You can't have everything though :)

set should have been

Windowpane
In my Time of Need
Death Whispered a Lullaby
Closure
Hope Leaves
To Rid the Disease
Ending Credits
Weakness
Benighted
Still Day Beneath the Sun
Harvest
To Bid you Farewell
Face of Melinda
The Lepar Affinity
Deliverance
The Drapery Falls
Godhead's Lament
Advent
Master's Apprentices
Forest of October
Serenity Painted Death
Demon of the Fall

or something...i'm drunk

KevyCanavan said:
set should have been

Windowpane
In my Time of Need
Death Whispered a Lullaby
Closure
Hope Leaves
To Rid the Disease
Ending Credits
Weakness
Benighted
Still Day Beneath the Sun
Harvest
To Bid you Farewell
Face of Melinda
The Lepar Affinity
Deliverance
The Drapery Falls
Godhead's Lament
Advent
Master's Apprentices
Forest of October
Serenity Painted Death
Demon of the Fall

or something...i'm drunk
woah... You're drunk.

How many times does it need to be said.

The dvd is Region 0, 'ZERO' in PAL FORMAT. Which means you can have a multi zone dvd player, but if your TV isn't PAL compatiable, you won't be watching anything.

US TV's use NTSC, with has fewer pixels but displays frames more quickly (about 29 frames per second instead of PAL's 25). So you couldn't watch a PAL DVD on a US TV set. However, if you are using a DVD player on your computer, you should be all set, as the software can resize the image.

gaz said:

The dvd is Region 0, 'ZERO' in PAL FORMAT. Which means you can have a multi zone dvd player, but if your TV isn't PAL compatiable, you won't be watching anything.

US TV's use NTSC, with has fewer pixels but displays frames more quickly (about 29 frames per second instead of PAL's 25). So you couldn't watch a PAL DVD on a US TV set. However, if you are using a DVD player on your computer, you should be all set, as the software can resize the image.
29,97 fps actually... I think. :p

gaz said:

oh yeah master. I am so sorry.. i just wanted to find an alternative for you guys.. :Smug:

well, I got it today, watched now windowpane and deliverance and think that it is ok.
The sound is good but as already said I hate the camera work.
Why always these closeups?
Every time I see the pickups of a guitar or the drumsticks of Martin Lopez in full screen I could get angry. They could instead also show the floor of the hall because at all you see nothing.
Also when somebody plays a solo it looks like they filmed everything except the solo.
The hectic camera changes are another reason, why I don't like it.
I'd like to watch each musician playing for some time, not all the DVD long one second Michael, then one second Mendez and so on...
I must say that I prefer the Inferno live stream, although it's qualitity is less.

but perhaps I'll like it more after watching it for a few times, we will see...