Got the DVD yesterday

mgm said:
well, I got it today, watched now windowpane and deliverance and think that it is ok.
The sound is good but as already said I hate the camera work.
Why always these closeups?
Every time I see the pickups of a guitar or the drumsticks of Martin Lopez in full screen I could get angry. They could instead also show the floor of the hall because at all you see nothing.
Also when somebody plays a solo it looks like they filmed everything except the solo.
The hectic camera changes are another reason, why I don't like it.
I'd like to watch each musician playing for some time, not all the DVD long one second Michael, then one second Mendez and so on...
I must say that I prefer the Inferno live stream, although it's qualitity is less.

but perhaps I'll like it more after watching it for a few times, we will see...

Me has no problems with the camara-work. Actually I like it, however there are indeed moments that it's a bit hectic, but in overall I think it's good. I don't wanna see all the time opeth's playing, 'cause that's really boring in my opinion. The DVD is for me a good combination of several camara positions.

I think the dvd is kind of cool. Anyway, we're too many people with many different opinions. I think even in the event they had recorded a 7-hour dvd with absoultely all their songs there would've still been people complaining that it was too long!!!

I think the Damnation part is cool, but the heavy set just kicks ass!

Rogier1234 said:
Me has no problems with the camara-work. Actually I like it, however there are indeed moments that it's a bit hectic, but in overall I think it's good. I don't wanna see all the time opeth's playing, 'cause that's really boring in my opinion. The DVD is for me a good combination of several camara positions.
sure, all the time, it would be boring, but e.g. I like to watch solos.
Perhaps I simply had too specific expectations, I think that I'll soon forget about it ;)

janwesterm said:
oh yeah master. I am so sorry.. i just wanted to find an alternative for you guys.. :Smug:
And I just wanted to say, that having a multi-zone dvd player isn't the only thing you need in the USA to watch the DVD.
Pointing out the different TV system, for those who didn't know.

Soldier of Tomorrow stays true to himself and to music and doesn't follow the looking-for-money record companies and doesn't fucking complain about fanboys (fashionable word) and shit like that.

thats how it is being signed with MFN or any other shit like that

they have a contract to respect and if they don't theyre going to be in trouble

Soldier Of Tomorrow said:
I Will Not Buy That Shit.
Well, that obviously makes you smarter, stronger, better smelling, and cooler than the rest of us (and not to mention you obviously must have a much larger penis than anyone here).

I can't believe how worked up you kids get over this stuff.

Soldier Of Tomorrow said:
I won't pay money for a boring product, I'll save it for good records and stuff, and for a new guitar amp, that's the way it schould be goddamnit! I love Opeth, but I hate the sell-out happening right now!
Yes exactly, releasing a DVD is a massive sellout! Fuck man, not having Demon of the fall is sacrilege...
Picture Mike giving thought about what should go on the DVD (all record company hassle aside): Yeah man I´m going to put Demon of the fall, Advent and perhaps Forest of October on it... Shit I´m so not going to promote this new stuff I´ve been coming up with for the last couple of albums NOOOOOOO.... What was I even thinking when I wrote Deliverance... Why am I not doing what all of the immeasurably talented noname fans tell me to do, like not progress the slightest bit... Like we all now twin guitar harmony´s never get old, isn´t Dance of Death like THE best album of the decade... ? Why are a chimpanzee and a parrot on my shoulder making love to Barry white´s soothing muzack? Why is there a Barry White album in my cd player? Is jesus doing tequila shots with Elvis and Tupac in Vegas..?

Got the DVD today. And I am TOTALLY impressed!
The camera work is okay, actually I like it. You see a lot of how Peter and Mikael are playing some special parts *g* and I've never seen the talented Martin Lopez in such action ...great stuff.

Although I'd appreciated a DVD with more old songs and the old style ... 2 death songs, one mellow, etc.
But who cares? Opeth got a DVD and that's great (because I've never seen Opeth live so far...)

The Setlist as following:

1.Windowpane
2.In the Time of Need
3.Death Whisperes a lullaby
4.Closure
5.Hope leaves
6.To Rid the Disease
7.Ending Credits
(intermission)
8.Harvest
9.Weakness (end of mellow part)
10.Master's Apprentices