Goteborg: The imagined and the real.

Nitronium Blood

UM BOARDS' JESTER
Dec 28, 2001
Marchin' up and down the scqaiya.
Visit site
Like myself, there are many who have never been to Goteborg or anywhere in Sweden... but imagine Goteborg and/or whole of sweden to be this massive metal-haven. That heavy-metal pubs and bars light up the nightlife and there is a metal gig on in multiplace places at once.

For those that really live there, please let people like myslef know once and for all the reality.

Thank you.

I like the image u have of it ;) well I only have been there for 2 days and in Stockholm for 5 days but I liked both. Dunno about the metal pubs in Gothenburg since we only had parties at home but I liked the city a lot. Well apart of DT I havent seen any bands running around there, so its not like u meet a musician at every corner of the street :lol:
As for Stockholm, that was just amazing, found a few metal shops and pubs and specially in the metal clubs out there I saw bands hanging around, like Katatonia, Opeth, Amon Amarth, Hypocrisy, Mörk Gryning, was funny. They also were at gigs and those gigs were pretty well visited just to say. So yes, there is a big metal scene in Sweden but there are at least as many gigs in other countries, specially Germany or Netherlands...

but well, I was only a tourist, let the Swedes speak ;)

I am planning to visit Stockholm this summer, my wifes uncles wife :)loco: ) comes from Sweden and they have a flat there. I will check out Gothenburg for sure when I get there.

What can I tell you my friend... the truth is sweden is the paradise of headbangers!... you can't see metalheads in every place but there are metal pubs full of people like you my lonely metal friend... and the girls are really pretty and funny (metal girls... believe me, it's not a dream), the guys are always nice too...(for the girls that want to know hehehe), swedes are nice people, there are famous bands everywhere!!!! the music is everywhere!!!!... I love sweden... the only problem is the fucking cold!!!!...

I didn't experience a metal Göteborg at all, unless you consider getting lost, soaked in the rain, and not finding a decent place to stay at as metal. Anyway, I guess it could be a great place under the right circumstances, but unfortunately it wasn't for me.

Stockholm was definitely cooler imo.

I actually live in a suburb to Stockholm (~15mins from the "heart of Sthlm") and I've never seen any of these metalpubs or anything (not that I've been looking for them either... that's probably why)
DragonLady and BastardSon, where did you find them? :D (Bastard: the girls you were talking about sounded nice ;))

yeah, metal is the pop of Finland
Helsinki was way more metal than Stockholm or Goteborg to me but maybe I just hung around longer

Hej Scaleo... well I meet a few girls in the Dismember show... they was a little bit drunk so it was really funny when they tried to speak spanish hahahaha (and it was sexy too hehehehe)... And after that it was just growls and laughs... And the pubs are close to the center... go to metalheart.se for the adress... I went to a Rotten Sound concert in a Rock/Metal pub... Kafe 44... and in Medborgarplatsen there are a few ones... Hey, remember In Flames next month see you there! (And Herneheim too :))

Pd: Hey Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood I think that -15 celsius in a snow storm is not a nice weather... I though the same when I was in Chile... "Is damn hot"... now I say "I don't feel my legs :("... I miss the summer :(

try the kellys bar in stockholm, u can get cheap beer before midnight (happy hour), there were also other places I went but I cant remember where it was or the name of it :lol:
and yeah, they were many metal heads running around, specially compared to where I live it was incredible, and I loved the shops there... and just to say its a beautiful city too.

well, the stockholm tales sound really nice to me... :)
i've just added a swedish trip to my wishlist.

anyway, i've always thought gothemburg as a sad, dull and boring place.
it's usually the perfect atmosphere to give birth to such great bands.

I didnt experience it as sad and boring, saw a lot of young people in the streets and the bars were full, seemed cool to me. there are a few pics of gothenburg and stockholm on my dragonlady site if u wanna get an image of it :)

Hell yeah Peter... that gig was memorable... Death Metal, Pretty Girls, New Friends :D, amazing... Hey see you on In Flames 17/03...

Hey Dragonlady... nice pictures of Stockholm... that was in summer, I love summer :)!!!!

UndoControl said:
Göteborg = Gothenburg in swedish. :)

Actually, it's the other way around. Göteborg is the original and Gothenburg is the english version.
for the sake of completion: I think it is called Gotemburgo in Spanish. :p