Goteborg: The imagined and the real.

Hi there to all of you! :)
I was in Stockholm in august 2004 and just for 3 nites, so a very short trip, but it was the best holiday and the best journey in my life. That place has a special charme I guess: at least in August the light and the color of the sky were wonderful, the city itself is stunning with the oldtown and the lagoon around it. and also the parks and the woods around it, and also the people (so beautiful and so friendly!) and lots of happy families with lots of children... i also visited the Vasa museum where you can see a huge partially reconstucted ship from 1600: it stands in a 2 floors building and you can shiver (at least I did! :p). i mean I have no words! :D
i had only few days and at that time there was no metal gigs so I was concentrated in just visiting the city and I woke up early in the morning to appreciate it. so actually no "metal" life! :p
but anyway as far as I know I think that maybe Germany is more "musical" than Sweden, like Caroline said... In Germany theres room for every kind of music and gigs I guess... fact is that we love DT IF (The Haunted and Dissection too as far as I'm concerned) so maybe we have a distorted idea of the metal scene in Goteborg... I remember I read that Dissection DT IF played in early days in the same rehearsal room and if you consider that all these bands had the same members (add also Hammerfall) you can realize that the metal scene isn't that big, is it? ;)
Anyway yeah i recommend to visit Stockholm cos its really really wonderful! at least it (and swedish people) is always in my heart!

scaleo said:
In Flames.... I didn't get any IF-tickets and I'm so damn sad about that, I really wanted to see them :(
When I first saw the concert on ticnet I thought the price was alittle high so I waited a day or so to make my decision. When I had finaly reached the decision "wtf! of course I have to see them!!" the tickets were sold out :(

You can buy mine, lemme know if you want it :)

It's hard for me to give some kind of overall judgement of the local scene since I've never experienced anything else but it. The scene is "okay" I'd say, could be much better, but also worse. People who have been around usually say that it was better back in the old days, but that goes for everything, doesn't it? I haven't been around long enough to say myself.

I run a small site dedicated to the Gothenburg metalscene so I guess the calender section on it gives a good overview of how active the scene is. If you feel like it, check it out, the site is entirely in swedish but the calender section is easy to understand, I guess. You'll find it under "kalender" (doh) here: http://www.metalobscene.com/

Red dot = gig, black dot = new album release, blue dot = signing session, green dot = local band in some sort of media broadcast, yellow dot = something else.

It's probably wiser to go backwards in the calender than forward for obvious reasons.