Government monopolizes racism

borninblood said:
If you are one minority in a group of 100 white christian male people, you are not going to even attempt to do well is the field of work you are in uses positive discrimination to look good on paper, you will never excel yourself.

Problem #1
White christian male is always the sterotypical discriminator. This is discriminatory.

Problem #2
A "minority" chooses to work among a majority of white christian males. In other words, at some point discrimination was preferable to conditions the minority exited.

Problem #3
It is not the place of governments to force white christian males to subdue their own right in order to help the minority and his or her kind. Why, with all people "equal", is it always white christian males and no other group who are crowded out so that "minorities" can "excel themselves"? Can't minorities excel without becoming parasites? Government, using its racist monopoly and control of the moronic public's opinion, thinks not.

Norsemaiden said:
The idea of affirmative action being applied in areas where incompetence costs lives is truly frightening. When doctors and surgeons are employed because of their race, and have much lower test results than white applicants, this is surely a scandalous thing whatever one attributes their low results to.
http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=3425

There are some scary cases of medical incompetence mentioned in the above article.

Heheh, WOAH. Propaganda alert. One black doctor in the most liberal place in the US (Davis california, first place to ban smoking everywhere in the US if I remember correctly) being profiled in a conservative right wing newspaper? Do people here really get caught up in this crap? Look the reality is very unsexy - 99% of the time affirmative action gets one black kid into a school, some white kid has to go to a "safety school", and both end up with reasonable jobs and life goes on. AA isn't working great - it's handled by the government what do you expect... But it has helped some escape the ghetto and the "why can't we send them back to africa?" attitude I see around here makes me realize it's probably still necessary. I think a lot of people here should unglue themselves from the sensationalistic web sites and tv shows that overblow isolated incidents and maybe go spend some time in reality. There are much MUCH bigger threats to a decent quality of life on the horizon than some negro bogey man.

D.

One of the things that drew me to philosophy in the first place, was that I rather accidentally discovered therein an intellectual 'honesty' not generally found elsewhere - particularly today. It was not unlike reading LaVey's Satanic Bible when I was young, when I didn't know a Schopenhauer from Adam(or 'Redbeard' for that matter:rolleyes: )...but I had 'dicovered' someone who dared to say what I often thought, no matter how scandalous or controversial these ideas were(remember, back in the 80's Satanism what still openly feared and reviled, almost universally). But this freedom to think without boundary was intoxicating.
This is no different for me with Race. I do not "Hate" non-whites, nor do I wish anyone 'different' from me ill. However, if I am to be intellectually "liberated" at all, neither am I prepared to pretend I don't see and understand obvious racial differences, many of which render a mixed-race or so-called multicultural society completely undesirable to me.
There is abundant support for my position ranging from criminal statistical data, innumerable studies on intelligence and behavioral differences between races and the overwhelming body of empirical evidence I've amassed living just outside what is arguably the 'Multiculti' capital of the world, namely New York City.
What our societies engage in, the so-called 'social-egineering' of Affirmative Action, Diversity and Multicult experimentation go against every intellectual, or indeed, philosophical principle I hold dear.
All that being said, living as we do in this artifical-egalitarian world, I too agree that in job hiring and the like, the best candidate should be chosen regardless of race, sex, ethnicity, etc. While existing within the confines of a diverse society, I see no honor or value in discrimination carried out strictly for the sake of it. That too would run counter to principles important or meaningful to me.

Warden_D said:
Heheh, WOAH. Propaganda alert. One black doctor in the most liberal place in the US (Davis california, first place to ban smoking everywhere in the US if I remember correctly) being profiled in a conservative right wing newspaper? Do people here really get caught up in this crap? Look the reality is very unsexy - 99% of the time affirmative action gets one black kid into a school, some white kid has to go to a "safety school", and both end up with reasonable jobs and life goes on. AA isn't working great - it's handled by the government what do you expect... But it has helped some escape the ghetto and the "why can't we send them back to africa?" attitude I see around here makes me realize it's probably still necessary. I think a lot of people here should unglue themselves from the sensationalistic web sites and tv shows that overblow isolated incidents and maybe go spend some time in reality. There are much MUCH bigger threats to a decent quality of life on the horizon than some negro bogey man.

D.

Thats all very lovely. But alas, it is your own "attitude" that fuels the very discussions you deride.

So when do we get affirmative action for metalheads? Us long-haired ones surely are discriminated against in the job market. We had might has well be black in the eyes of some WASP in the HR department. Then we need affirmative action for ugly people, and short people. It's been shown that they don't fare as well in business. Whereas being metal represents a choice, being short or ugly do not. Don't these people deserve to be compensated for decades of unfair hiring practices? I don't see anyone clamoring on behalf of these people, though.

Of course, what class you are born into is the overriding factor determining where you go in life. Social mobility is rather low in America. Jobs and promotions are determined by nepotism and social networks. Blacks were never part of these social networks, but neither were poor white people, or Mexicans, or metalheads.

Isn't affirmative action just a means to satisfy angry black people and keep them voting Democrat? If the real goal was ending discrimination and inequality, then wouldn't we do more for all of the lower classes? Improving education for the lower class and giving them the proper cultural capital is a reasonable solution, but those in power elite want to stay there.

Besides, iirc AA benefits white women more than any other group, as white women often are equally as qualified as men in many cases.

OldScratch said:
Thats all very lovely. But alas, it is your own "attitude" that fuels the very discussions you deride.

And I make no apologies for it. But don't mistake my dismissive attitude for apathy, it's just derived from my reality. I've grown up in a multicultural society - my friends, peers, coworkers etc. span the ethnic and social spectrum. This is how I've constructed my life and it is my 'empirical data'. Clearly we disagree on that but it stirred the pot so that's good. My concern is with the deceptive propaganda tactics used here. I have to hear it all day long at work (my coworkers are Rush fanatics... and no, not the band). Everyone is guilty, from Ann Coulter to Al Franken to Frontpage magazine to whitepower.com. These sensationalistic people/websites, don't encourage thought, but blind ferver. Just agree with us! You'd be a moron not to! Here's a totally fair and balanced article that proves my point! Look my car broke down again so that means 12 hour days at work for awhile, THAT'S my reality and also why my concern lies in the disintigrating middle class instead of AA, gay marriage, some Iranian guy speaking at harvard or whatever the hot button emotionally charged issue of the day is.

MasterOLightning said:
So when do we get affirmative action for metalheads? Us long-haired ones surely are discriminated against in the job market. We had might has well be black in the eyes of some WASP in the HR department.

Metal is still by and large counter-culture. If every big evil corporation couldn't wait to grab up their own metalhead CFO, wouldn't that take away some of heavy metal's teeth and make it even gayer then it has already become?

MasterOLightning said:
Then we need affirmative action for ugly people, and short people. It's been shown that they don't fare as well in business. Whereas being metal represents a choice, being short or ugly do not. Don't these people deserve to be compensated for decades of unfair hiring practices? I don't see anyone clamoring on behalf of these people, though.

Well a line was drawn at gender and race, because it's easily quantifiable. This line of discussion leads towards nitpicking and hours of useless discussion so I'll just say point MoL and continue...

MasterOLightning said:
Of course, what class you are born into is the overriding factor determining where you go in life. Social mobility is rather low in America. Jobs and promotions are determined by nepotism and social networks. Blacks were never part of these social networks, but neither were poor white people, or Mexicans, or metalheads.

Before, poor white people typically had factory work and agriculture to fall back on. Since both those are being raffled off to big business I imagine it's only a matter of time before there is a rise of white slums in more rural areas. Kids, good luck turning out well adjusted with two parents that work 60 hours a week at walmart! How are mexicans exempt from AA exactly?

MasterOLightning said:
Isn't affirmative action just a means to satisfy angry black people and keep them voting Democrat? If the real goal was ending discrimination and inequality, then wouldn't we do more for all of the lower classes? Improving education for the lower class and giving them the proper cultural capital is a reasonable solution, but those in power elite want to stay there.

Besides, iirc AA benefits white women more than any other group, as white women often are equally as qualified as men in many cases.

Voting democrat... or republican, not sure there's a big difference anymore. Yeah, like anything AA is probably kept around to manipulate votes. I do agree with it in principle and am willing to make some sacrifices, I just don't see it as that big a deal.. I agree completely - america does very little to help it's own underpriveleged, and that includes all races. Schools in urban areas are horrendous. My whole point is that this 'dumb negroes flying airplanes and 0p3rat1nG 0n U!!!!11' crap is completely overblown. People should be a lot more scared of the decisions the 'power elite' are making for the future of the common working man.

D.

Warden D.

I enjoy the debate and agree this is ultimately the point here. And I have no qualms with agreeing to disagree either. I must confess though, that while I would agree that many of those(pundits, etc.) who you have listed(right or left) do NOT encourage thought or intellectually sound discussion, not every group or organization that assumes an unorthodox(read non-politically correct)position on issues of Race, social-sciences, etc. is an ill-informed, politically motivated propaganda machine. I am not here to convert you(nor do I imagine you care to be converted:) )so I will spare you the organizational detals, but I would only ask that you also keep an open mind, in that not all dissent from the government, acedemic and media "accepted"(enforced) egalitarian orthodoxy of our time is ignorant, exaggerated "Hate" doctrine.
The thing is, that you are comfortable in and fond of your multicultural society, and have suffered no ill-effects thereby, is great. But why, conversely is it not equally acceptable to reject this polyglot, multiracial/ethnic world in favor of a more statistically safe, culturally familiar, and uniformly comfortable, homogeneous one - specifically when that WAS essentially the norm only a few generations ago? Self-preservation isn't hateful, it is logical and natural.
*on a different level, I think we do concur on the fading middle class and all that threatens it!