Gowing Cold - 5150sim my best sound yet

Cephara

Oct 11, 2013
Earth
soundcloud.com

Finally made a full body guitar tone that sits well in a full mix. Didn't have to high pass them at all. Never bother to use a multi-band compressor on just the low end of the guitars before. The way I EQ the guitars, it almost sounds like I'm using a fuzz pedal though, but sounds good either way.

I like how I've done the kick, snare, and toms, but I'm a little rusty with room and overheads in Steven Slate Drums. Any advice there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Guitar is pretty good! Bass is a tad lacking though.

The shells of the brums are pretty good, but the overheads seem drowned in reverb and too loud. Overall, not bad.

Finally made a full body guitar tone that sits well in a full mix. Didn't have to high pass them at all. Never bother to use a multi-band compressor on just the low end of the guitars before. The way I EQ the guitars, it almost sounds like I'm using a fuzz pedal though, but sounds good either way.

I like how I've done the kick, snare, and toms, but I'm a little rusty with room and overheads in Steven Slate Drums. Any advice there?

Guitars sound great dude. I'd maybe just make the center guitar cut through a little more - almost as if it needs to be a little brighter?

I agree with the above post on the overheads. A little loud. Also, I suggest panning the toms around to give a more 3D drum sound.

Last edited by a moderator: