GR or BWP?

GR or BWP?

• Total voters
it seems the folky part of Opeth is getting replaced with progginess. I like both, so I can't complain. And I suppose it is one dimensional, so is the middle of Dirge for November. But its a dimension I like to walk around in for a while.:D

opeth8 said:
The 1st half of BWP is among Opeths worst IMO.
The 2nd half is among their best !!!

I'll pick GR again.
Obviously you've mistaken yourself.

Dirge for November, Patterns, BWP, and Funeral Portrait is BETTER

than Leper Affinity, Drapery Fall and Bleak?

WTF?

Liquid Diamonds said:
i wouldn't say that I don't like it... but I like it less since Damnation, which is full of better mellow songs. Also, the fact that it's surrounded by better songs doesnt help it's chances! i mean, Mike didn't give it a very fair chance now, did he? Putting it in between Bleak and TDF...
Exactly.

They were both very good albums, but the Blackwater Park makes me feel like there are needles burrowing out of my skin all over my body. Ghost Reveries does this too, but not as much as Blackwater Park.

Sorry if that post sounded odd. Anyways, Blackwater Park.

Blackwater Park.
Start to finish great, and the Leper Affinity is my least favorite song on it. Also, while Isolation Years is an excellent album closer and severely raises the overall quality of the GR experience, the "Sick liaisons rasied this monumental mark, the sun sets forever over Blackwater Park" gives me chills. The atmosphere is amazing. Plus BWP just flows better. This has been horribly articulated. I also would like to lament the phasing out oft he folky elements. I love the prog, but would also love the folk. Mix them Mike! MIX THEMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Work sucks.

I voted GR because I listen to it more right now, but somewhere deep down I think BWP is better. It was the first Opeth album I listened to and got me hooked instantly. BWP is better overall but GR has more peaks I think. Let's say it's a tie...

I have huge sentimental issues with BWP that way too. It's the first album I ever heard from the guys, and I wouldn't be where I am without it! So when it comes down to it, it's still my favorite album today, and thats why one of those 34 votes is for me.

Blackwater Park is the best Album of Opeth. And it's one of the most amazing record I've ever listened to. If not, THE most amazing one!