Graveland or Burzum. Which is better?

Dec 13, 2010
Obviously they are idealogically very similar. Both Varg and Darken write about Pagan themes, are very racist and nationalistic, and see judeo-Christianity as a problem.

But which band do you think is the best?

In my opinion Celtic Winter, Carpathian Wolves, and Thousand Swords are better than Burzums 3 best releases.

So I like Graveland better, but both are very talented bands with some great music.

Burzum. Ain't even a question. Whether it's the rawness of the first wave of releases or the recent Belus/Fallen, Varg is just a better songwriter.

They sound very different, but both have released great albums.

This.

I don‘t see the logic in "They have similar opinions on politics, so let‘s compare their music". They both sound so unique that it‘s useless.

craig-david-sexy.jpg

This.

I don‘t see the logic in "They have similar opinions on politics, so let‘s compare their music". They both sound so unique that it‘s useless.

haha Yea, I couldn't see it either. 'Both are racist and nationalistic, but which band is better'? What's one got to do with the other?

Anyway, the answer is: they're both severely over rated.

I vote for Graveland, one of my fav bands ever and pretty much all his releases are good. But as everyone said, two very weird bands to compare. Both rules and are music for different times imo.