Great Metal Weeekend in Tampa(Nov 11,12),anyone going?

Mar 12, 2003
Actually Largo,which is near St Pete
anyways
Nov 11th,Kamelot and the Ben Jackson group
Nov 12th,Opeth,Nevermore,Into Eternity
looks like I'll be making a weekend out of Pinellas county

I just found out about the Opeth show. Can't wait to see all three bands that night! :headbang: Two great shows in two nights. I'm not a huge Kamelot fan, but for $15, I'll be there for sure. I wonder if they will let me sleep on the bar or something?:D

Yes!! I'm going!! Good to see someone mention it on the forum, I was definetly going to mention it myself soon!! These two shows definetly called for a 3/4 hour road trip! I already got my Kamelot ticket! :D

Here are the flyers:

Kamelot Flyer 11/11

Opeth & Nevermore 11/12

See you there!

P.S. Sonata Arctica has been booked @ The Culture Room in Lauderdale in Feb/March. Greg (the owner of the venue) hasn't announced the date yet, but it has been confirmed and booked. So just wait for the official announcement.

Some of us are thinking of road tripping down there. I'm not sure yet though... I'm not an Opeth or Nevermore fan, so it would just be for Kamelot for me...

Btw, if anyone from ATL or nearby is interested in road tripping down there for the shows, PM me. I'm not sure how many people we have.

Robin

Empress said:
Yes!! I'm going!! Good to see someone mention it on the forum, I was definetly going to mention it myself soon!! These two shows definetly called for a 3/4 hour road trip! I already got my Kamelot ticket! :D

Here are the flyers:

Kamelot Flyer 11/11

Opeth & Nevermore 11/12

See you there!

P.S. Sonata Arctica has been booked @ The Culture Room in Lauderdale in Feb/March. Greg (the owner of the venue) hasn't announced the date yet, but it has been confirmed and booked. So just wait for the official announcement.

kuul,so you got a room for teh weekend,
killer weeekend road trip(BTW,as you know,still great beach weather,maybe a metal beach party out at clearwater that weeekend
that goes for all Fla roadtrippers

It's worth the trip from Atlanta to see Kamelot!! They're the main reason I'll be there. We should have a big party at one of the hotels afterwards. Does anyone know what hotels they're going to stay at? I might, myself stay with a friend up there to try and save some money. :)

The Opeth show is in limbo right now????:yell: It says cancelled on Ticketmaster and the Opeth website has it listed at the State Theatre in Tampa. Well, the State Theatre is in Saint Pete not Tampa. I just read there is another show there on the 12th, and Jannus Landing is booked as well. So who knows what the fuck is going on! They better not cancel this gig or I'm going to be pissed.:mad:

I think Genitorturers is at Jannus Landing that day. I believe St. Pete IS Tampa, no?

No, Saint Petersburg and Tampa are different cities. Tampa is on the east side of the bay and St. Pete is on the west side. Not far from each other but different. The State Theatre is only about a mile down the road from Jannus Landing and they have a show booked that night already. (plus it's a dump) I hope they straighten this out quickly.

I just don't like seeing cancelled on Ticketbasterd!

I'ta at the same venue as the Kamelot show I think(Pinellas Park-St Pete)
I'm staying at my apartment,as I live here in Tampa
however,I live a bit northeast of Tampa,and the venues are about 45 minutes to 1 hour away
I might just crash at one of the hotels
a jaunt to the beach Sat afternoon is a must however

Yeah, Boomerz's is the Boiler room, it's the same thing. It's called "Boomerz's Boiler Room" and now I have officially found out. My friend just got off the phone with the venue, and Nevermore and Opeth HAVE been canceled! :(

So basically it's choose between Kamelot in Seminole
or Nevermore and Opeth at the Culture Room.

Anyone know if Opeth are playing another date? I heard they were playing Orlando too, but I think that lands on a Tue. Before the show in Seminole.

This sucks...... my second time missing Nevermore this year, because I must see Kamelot, and I already have my ticket here. :yuk: :cry:

Well, I doubt it will still happen, when the people at the venue told my friend on the phone it was canceled. However, they're playing Lake Buena Vista on the 9th. I hope I can find someone to go with me there if all else fails. :devil:

Nevermore, Opeth
Venue: House of Blues
City: Lake Buena Vista, FL
Date: Wednesday, November 9, 2005

And now I see this on the Opeth website. This is becoming a drag! I guess I'll have to call that place to reassure myself the tour is on. They must have just changed the venue, for whatever reason. Who knows. I guess that's where to go the following day. :)

that's wrong, it must be at Myrtle beach South Carolina...ticketmaster has that on their website, and so does house of blues south carolina, and so does Opeth (and it's opeth's tour)...Nevermore is the only one that has Orlando.

I'm going to the same venue twice on the same weekend (for Kamelot and Nevermore/Opeth)