Great music, sh*tty band name

(Warning: about to go uber-dork) I've always figured that Pink Cream 69's name went tounge and cheek with bands like Mother Love Bone and Pearl Jam. MLB being a reference to the penis, PJ to semen, and PC69 to vaginal secretions.

I have WAY too much time on my hands.......

Actually the name Pearl Jam came from Eddie's grandmother (I believe it was) who made jam with Peyote. This is what he said.

Gotthard always makes me laugh, though I assume it's not quite so silly if you speak Swedish.

Also, all the bands with X in their name. Symphony X, King's X, X Japan... whatever.

Demons & Wizards is pretty awful. So is Five Finger Death Punch. Porcupine Tree is high on WTFery imo. And as much as I love them...Twilightning is a horrible cheesy name.

Perhaps but it is the name of a great album. Though of course John says the name did not come from the album, but he would he is that kind of guy. I'm sure Priest and Maiden probably had little influence on him to if you catch him at the right time.

How many times can you possibly give us your opinion of Jon Schaffer? Please oh please, I'd like to hear it again! We get it, you loathe the guy. I'm sure if he knew who you were, he'd loathe you. You don't have to turn every thread where he comes up into SchafferHate '10 or whatever. Give it a rest.

How many times can you possibly give us your opinion of Jon Schaffer? Please oh please, I'd like to hear it again! We get it, you loathe the guy. I'm sure if he knew who you were, he'd loathe you. You don't have to turn every thread where he comes up into SchafferHate '10 or whatever. Give it a rest.

Wow, sounds like you keep up with my dislike for him more than I do. Actually I don't think I mention him that often if so within spaced out periods of time. But perhaps my dislike for him (if that is it but you might be surprised) matches you appreciation for him?
I believe I hurt someone's Schaffer sensibilities here. :lol:
I vote we take it in the direction of taking cheap shots at Alabama and make jokes based on stereotypes. Or talk about teeth brushing, by the way you are wrong on the toothbrush invented in Alabama by the way.

Or I can simply say kiss my ass.

Regarding Mustasch:

I'ts a silly name but it fits their sound perfectly. It's hairy and masculine and probably smells like whiskey.

Regarding Porcupine Tree:
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think the reason they used that name for their project is because they had initially planned PT to be a sort of joke/parody type thing and didn't expect to record more than a couple albums worth of material. It's still a ridiculous name, no matter how you go about it though.

@J. Golden

You do talk about it a lot; Same joke not funny fifteen times, ya dig? Though I think MM's little lashout there was uncalled for.

Some bad band names:

Alabama Thunderpussy (And related to the bad alabama jokes!)
Subway to Sally
Stolen Babies
Rotting Christ
My Dying Bride
Septic Flesh (really, any band name that uses the two word vile body condition formula)
Old Man's Child
Oceans of Sadness
Bambi Molesters

Chicken No Head
Magic Elf

those last two are slightly more obscure than the rest; with the former being a somewhat jazzy, pork soda inspired job with a great recipie for fried chicken in the liner notes; and the latter being more inspired by the Dixie Dregs, only significantly less boring and much heavier; it's pretty much instrumental wank, and if you're into that sort of stuff, worth seeking out.

There's more but i'm too lazy to think of them right now. All of these are (IMO) great bands, but their names always make me lol pretty hard.

Has anyone mentioned Savatage yet? I love the band, and always will, but that's such a dumb band name. I have to wonder how much bigger they'd have gotten, especially during the rock opera era, with a more marketable name.